Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Hmm, interesting, it's a start, karma too, shades of maemo.org ;-P
https://together.jolla.com/questions/

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Helsinki
Sorry, I have been pretty busy with the new update and together.jolla.com [TJC].

Since some have asked a bit of history and reasons why we did what we did in TJC:

#1: you didn't want a new forum. We were building a new forum (based on phpbb). So we felt that maybe it was an opportunity to listen to you and keep this as the forum where the hacker community would gather while the rest of the community could use something else. We changed direction pretty much in a week and went for askbot.

#2: We wanted to keep content relevant without having long discussions that most of the times it is difficult to follow unless you connect every second.

#3: We wanted to have a self-regulating community --> Karma was needed (also negative karma)

#4: We wanted to have easy voting up (and down) of topics, ideas, bugs, etc ...

#5: Instead of having sections we wanted semantic division (and intersection) of topics --> tags

#6: we wanted to have integration with SoMe (even though it is not there at the moment because of Jolla accounts we will activate it as soon as we manage to make it work)

#7: we wanted users help each other in an easy way (the PROs and the NOOBs).

I hope that the 2 places will gather both parts of community (fans, consusers, hackers) in their distinctive ways and will integrated and complete each other.

In short we are listening and trying to make you happy. Hope you enjoy and understand the effort we are making @Jolla.

Cheers

The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to stezz For This Useful Post:
Thanks Stefano for heeding the call to take 5min to explain your latest thinking on all of this, it is appreciated.

i like the new system, reminds me of stackoverflow

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Hum, it reminds me of maemo.org brainstorm and that is bad (TM) IMHO...

Well, in any case, it is already overlapping heavily with TMO, as some are directly cross-posting. We'll see what happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
It's definitely a "watch this space" kind of thing, but at least they're (clearly) listening, & refining...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Another forum? What we need is another jPhone. Hope to see IT mid next year. After that we might need another forum but i seriously doubt IT. Why do we need another forum? It doesn't make sense...

Anyway happy new year to everyone in this forum and all other forums.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

It seems you haven't been reading, & comprehending, once again.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It seems you haven't been reading, & comprehending, once again.
I read but IT Doesn't make sense. IT Doesn't make sense at all.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Ah yes, that's predictable...
Maybe try again, it's all pretty clear, it's not a perfect sol'n by any means, it's a somewhat messy compromise that happened in order to placate all parties, for now.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-12-31 at 17:36.