Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Downloading now... I'm in Argentina
Which operator?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
has anyone with an australian variant 16gb received the update?
Nope....I'm guessing Optus and Voda have to slap their own rubbish apps in the update before releasing it, so I'm not expecting it for at least a week at the earliest. I don't think we will be high up on their priority list

Which product codes received PR1.2?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
since this is my first post on tmo, hi everyone!

i (tried) to update to pr1.2 today OTA. my phone got stuck at 91% for an hour or so, so i rebooted it. it then came up with some error messages, and stated that it had "exceeded the maximal number of rescue attempts" and said i should take it to a nokia care point.

but after displaying this message for a few seconds, it rebooted and started normally. and then the strangeness began!
from the looks, it clearly was pr1.2 (new font, folders, you name it). but under product info, it said pr1.2 BUT the software update number was still the pr1.1 (20.2011.40-4). also, the twitter and facebook app icons only showed a red exclamation mark, and clicking them resulted in strange "apps installed unsuccessfully" errors. it was not possible to update them. the other apps seemed to be in a pr1.2 state.

i then connected it to NSU, which also said it's on pr1.1. reflashed it through NSU, and after downloading 1,1gb it re-installed the firmware. in the end, the phone booted normally into pr1.1, altough NSU said the installation wasn't succesfull. now the phone works just as it did, except it had green "empty" icons in the app view, named after the folders i couldn't wait to create.

long story short, it now detected the pr1.2 update again and is updating as i'm typing.

has anyone experienced such a strange behaviour?

for those who can't wait: it did feel smoother/faster in the 15 minutes it ran with pr1.2, and the new font looks just awesome! also the new keyboard is very nice!

edit: it's an austrian 16gb black without any carrier obstructions

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
this all PR1.2 update thing seems to be a real hassle...
DO WE REALLY NEED SUCH "STRESS" and UNCERTAINTY?
people here desperately try to get any possible info on how to get to it, once they do, they are finding out it`s just not such a piece of cake...
Very strange issues start to appear here and there...people can`t get on wifi properly, the app screen and folders act pretty weird, my keybords are LOST...
I received the notification sometime around 1pm...

Anyone with Droid 2+ or iOS 4+ can remember such a fiasco???
I`ve always been very supportive of this device, yet I happen to think it`s nothing but really masochistic to have it with all these shortcomings...

I`ve just seen Sony Xperia S with HD screen and a LOT of useful things, which can be had for some 400 GBP (as opposed to some 350 for N9) + a bunch of another super devices at MWC, I mean WTF....??
I love the Swipe UI, but honestly, the phone seems to be just weird after the update...

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
To anyone with hosed Facebook and/or Twitter, try this at the terminal:
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso
It's fairly drastic as it will throw away all your accounts (and saved wifi networks), but you should then be able to set them back up and have them work.

That's because some people rush to get it. I haven't gotten mine yet, and I am willing to wait a couple more days for it. PR 1.1 is working flawlessly for me. I will wait for the update to appear on my phone. Perhaps there is a reason why it hasn't appeared yet.

That's what you get when you gamble. You win some, you lose some. I'd rather wait and have it work flawlessly, rather than rush to get an update that didn't appear on my phone in the first place, only to have it wreak havoc on my N9.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Which operator?

I have Personal and havent seen the update yet. PR 1.1 was available about a month ago, so I would expect this for April.

What about bug 123 (Password Prompting for accounts), has anyone seen something yet?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
But the update appeared on my phone at 1pm last afternoon...
central EU is among the first...
and the phone is a total crap now...I can`t send a damn message or type anything anywhere...the feeds don`t update properly...etc...
big shame on Nokia for this...
I`d like to know what`d be happening if such pain in the *** occured with some iPhone 4s...devs would be filling it up all night just to make sure it works as intended...

Originally Posted by Maserti View Post
anyone in america getting it, im getting my Cyan tommorow and would like to know.
All depends on what product code it has. Where a person uses a phone has no bearing on it.