Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I dont use www2sms now as I have unlimited free sms, but for the sake of others, I will test this on Tuesday and report back.
how do you have unlimited free sms? Have bought an sms card which something like rs 95?

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I dont use www2sms now as I have unlimited free sms, but for the sake of others, I will test this on Tuesday and report back.
Tanks a lot.

All you need is Python >= 2.6 and the Mechanize module for python.
Then you can simply run (uncommenting the last few lines and adjust the path to plugin_credentials.cfg) the code from Gitorius (https://gitorious.org/web2sms/plugin...0by2/160by2.py) on Windows and/or Linux.

The password and username as well as a test message is configured in the file plugin_credentials.cfg (https://gitorious.org/web2sms/plugin...redentials.cfg)

After the changes, just run the code with:
python 160by2.py

And watch the output.

Cheers,
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Ejasmudar bro I am depending on you for 160by2 to work on this great app as I dont understand much of what has been said by bjoern. Please do what he is saying and get this thing done. I will be really grateful to you.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Um bjoern, i am having problem with ast module. how do you install that?

EDIT: ok, so ast is available with python 2.6 while n900 has only 2.5. What's our solution?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2012-03-25 at 10:00.

Just install python 2.7 on your Computer. You don't need to run the above code on the N900.

This is the beauty of Python and platform independent code.

Just install ActivePython on your Windows PC and use the build in Module manager of ActivePython to install mechanize or any other required module. If you are using Linux you probably already have Python installed and the required modules are available through the package manager of you Distribution of choice.

Cheers,
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by blubbi View Post
Just install python 2.7 on your Computer. You don't need to run the above code on the N900.

This is the beauty of Python and platform independent code.

Just install ActivePython on your Windows PC and use the build in Module manager of ActivePython to install mechanize or any other required module. If you are using Linux you probably already have Python installed and the required modules are available through the package manager of you Distribution of choice.

Cheers,
Bjoern
I already had python 2.6 installed on my windows computer. I installed setuptools and used easy_install to pull mechanize.

I am attaching the error output that I am getting.

EDIT: Oh and BTW, there are some Indian proxies you can may be able to use with 160by2 (http://www.azproxies.com/proxy-lists...b-proxies.html)
Attached Images

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2012-03-25 at 11:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
I modified the code so that the result is written to a log.

Please fetch the latest code from Gitorius and run the plugin again.
Check the log for private stuff, clean it and then attach it to your reply.

Thanks for testing,
Bjoern

Ok here is the O/P that I got (wierd, it says I'm not from India?). Also log is attached.

Code:
c:\Python26>python.exe www2sms\160by2.py
{'STATUS': {'MESSAGE': "160by2 responded: Unknown failure (You are probably in a
 countryfrom which you can't send SMS via 160by2)'", 'TYPE': 'Error'}, 'BALANCE'
: None}
BTW log is renamed to txt for attaching. deb to overcome forum limitations. pls rename to html

EDIT: I dont know if this is important, but when I login to their website, i think there is an ad overlay before being able to send sms (I dont see this as I use adblock)
Attached Files
File Type: deb 160by2-log.deb (39.5 KB, 238 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2012-03-26 at 12:49.

I can't find an attachment...
Zip it, rename it or do what ever you have to do so the forum accepts it :-)
I don't care about the name.

And the message is just to make users aware of the country limitation.
And this should only be visible if no other error message was found in the result. So I need the log to continue.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Thank you so much guys for working on this thing, please just get this done successfully. I wish I knew all this technical stuff which you are talking about then even I would have helped. Thanks again to both of you.