Hello,

I finally got time to reflash my 770 with the latest image ("gregale" - what's with these stupid names anyway? Took me some time to figure out that 2.2 = gregale...) Anyway, the tablet works fine and seems snappier, but most of that is probably because I got rid of a lot of dead weight with a clean install.

Now I'm a bit confused as to which version to use with the repositories. For example, repository.maemo.org has sections for mistral, scirocco and gregale. But using mistral gives me more updates than gregale, that doesn't make sense to me. Also, in repository.maemo.org/extras the load applet is present only in the mistral repository.

To complicate things further, the instructions in the maemo.org application catalog 2006 say that it is important to use the right version when installing Canola.

Should I use mistral, gregale, or even both?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fresta View Post
Hello,

I finally got time to reflash my 770 with the latest image ("gregale" - what's with these stupid names anyway? Took me some time to figure out that 2.2 = gregale...) Anyway, the tablet works fine and seems snappier, but most of that is probably because I got rid of a lot of dead weight with a clean install.

Now I'm a bit confused as to which version to use with the repositories. For example, repository.maemo.org has sections for mistral, scirocco and gregale. But using mistral gives me more updates than gregale, that doesn't make sense to me. Also, in repository.maemo.org/extras the load applet is present only in the mistral repository.

To complicate things further, the instructions in the maemo.org application catalog 2006 say that it is important to use the right version when installing Canola.

Should I use mistral, gregale, or even both?
Here's an overview of what they mean

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/CodeNames

unfortunately it doesn't really answer your question. The repository situation is rather disorganized, not to mention the countless apps that people have compiled and never submitted to a repository.

My advice would be to leave the repository list alone, unless you need to add something for a particular application.