Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
It loaded the blocklist fine on my phone, maybe I'll increase the delay for loading blocklist due to some phone might to take longer for all the system service ready. I'll be release the new update soon along with the callerx manager (UI) which will make things easy to manage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Hey,

I just upgraded to ver 0.1.5 (I dont remember my previous ver.) I did this by uninstalling the old version then installed the new version (0.1.5).

The problem is that in the previous version, when i get a call from a number on the blacklist, it did not show up on my phone and on the log as a missed call. Now, after the upgrade, when a call comes from the blacklist, it shows up on the log as a missed call and even rings sometimes. I only have 5 numbers on the blacklist.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to hell-ll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hell-ll View Post
Hey,

I just upgraded to ver 0.1.5 (I dont remember my previous ver.) I did this by uninstalling the old version then installed the new version (0.1.5).

The problem is that in the previous version, when i get a call from a number on the blacklist, it did not show up on my phone and on the log as a missed call. Now, after the upgrade, when a call comes from the blacklist, it shows up on the log as a missed call and even rings sometimes. I only have 5 numbers on the blacklist.

Thank you.
blocked caller is still show in the log technically, it's just sometimes it doesn't due to the phone app was too slow to pick up the call signal and callerx was too fast blocking it before the phone app even get the signal. This goes both way, in your case the callerx was too slow vs. phone app was too fast. That was the reason I try to keep the callerx as small as possible, so it can execute faster. The ring happens sometimes when your phone is under very heavy load. My suggestion is reboot the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
blocked caller is still show in the log technically, it's just sometimes it doesn't due to the phone app was too slow to pick up the call signal and callerx was too fast blocking it before the phone app even get the signal. This goes both way, in your case the callerx was too slow vs. phone app was too fast. That was the reason I try to keep the callerx as small as possible, so it can execute faster. The ring happens sometimes when your phone is under very heavy load. My suggestion is reboot the phone.
Thanks for the reply. Rebooting fixed the ring, but i still get a missed call notification and it shows on the call log. I did not get the missed call notification nor did it show up on my call log when I used the older version. Thanks

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ indonesia
Hi friends
why do I always have to re-start "/etc/init.d/callerx start" in Xterm after a reboot, because after reboot "Callerx" does not work on my device? Please help me solve this problem? I install "Callerx" according to which you suggest. Thx

The Following User Says Thank You to pedrocoba For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pedrocoba View Post
Hi friends
why do I always have to re-start "/etc/init.d/callerx start" in Xterm after a reboot, because after reboot "Callerx" does not work on my device? Please help me solve this problem? I install "Callerx" according to which you suggest. Thx
Lastest version 0.1.5 should address the problem with auto-start up scripts. Please update if you're still using the old one.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Lastest version 0.1.5 should address the problem with auto-start up scripts. Please update if you're still using the old one.
Yeah the problem is completed.
application "Callerx" can already SmS Block? How?

Hi Khuong, I just tried to install callerxui and realized it does not install anything, if you see the deb at http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....0.4_armel.deb only contains the copyright and changelog but no binary or other kind of file, but if then i go to http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...i_0.0.4.tar.gz i see there is lot of code so i guess you made a packaging mistake?

Thanks a lot for your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to tsdgeos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tsdgeos View Post
Hi Khuong, I just tried to install callerxui and realized it does not install anything, if you see the deb at http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....0.4_armel.deb only contains the copyright and changelog but no binary or other kind of file, but if then i go to http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...i_0.0.4.tar.gz i see there is lot of code so i guess you made a packaging mistake?

Thanks a lot for your work!
There were some problem with debian install rules file, which break the installation instruction. I just found out what the problem was, I'll upload a new fixed one in few mins.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Ok, finally got it worked right this time. Autobuilder gave me more headache than building the app. (:

New callerxui v0.0.5 is available for download http://maemo.org/packages/view/callerxui/, which is a Callerx User Interface which control and manage the block lists and settings for callerx. It works independently so it doesn't affect the callerx daemon performance in anyway. Though when you install callerxui, you will install callerx as well, and those already had callerx installed, callerxui will automatically update callerx to the latest version which is compatible with it. If you don't need the user interface, you can just install callerx and manage your setting and blocklists manually just like the old version. I am too tired to write long post now, I'll update the first post of later.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-08-25 at 23:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post: