Active Topics

Notices

Prayers is an Islamic prayer application for Nokia N9. Currently, it only shows prayer times using one of different available calculation methods, and your location can be either entered manually or taken from GPS.
Compared to similar applications, it provides better results for some countries. It is based on PrayTimes library (http://praytimes.org/).

It is released under GNU GPL v3 and sources can be found here:
https://github.com/hedayat/prayers

Maybe someone else will also find this application useful.
Attached Files
File Type: deb prayers_1.0_armel.deb (66.9 KB, 124 views)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Very nice. Thank you.

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khan.orak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Finally! Thanks a lot

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
Prayers is an Islamic prayer application for Nokia N9. Currently, it only shows prayer times using one of different available calculation methods, and your location can be either entered manually or taken from GPS.
Compared to similar applications, it provides better results for some countries. It is based on PrayTimes library (http://praytimes.org/).

It is released under GNU GPL v3 and sources can be found here:
https://github.com/hedayat/prayers

Maybe someone else will also find this application useful.
Thanks

Have you ever tried Mawakit?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86625

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I wonder if you can add an option to change sources from the settings menu or something... To like islamicfinder.org or even other sources! That would be something that hasn't been done in other Prayer Times apps..

Thanks btw!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Thank you all.
About Mawakit, yes I have it. But the times it shows doesn't match the times in my location, but this app provides correct results for it. I've not investigated to see why, but it is the case.

About using online sources, that is a great suggestion for future improvements. Prayers is currently an offline application but it might be possible to add online sources too. Or if you know of any other libraries which can be used offline, I'd appreciate to know about.

Regards,
Hedayat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
Thank you all.
About Mawakit, yes I have it. But the times it shows doesn't match the times in my location, but this app provides correct results for it. I've not investigated to see why, but it is the case.

About using online sources, that is a great suggestion for future improvements. Prayers is currently an offline application but it might be possible to add online sources too. Or if you know of any other libraries which can be used offline, I'd appreciate to know about.

Regards,
Hedayat
You can contact the author of Mawakit like I did, and add the calculations that you want (Mawakit is also offline btw)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
You're right; but I didn't :P. (The problem is that I don't know why its results differ from PrayTimes library, even when they claim to use the same calculation method (University of Tehran)). Actually I don't see consistent results among different applications and I don't know why.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
i'm sure it's because mawakit is ''precisely'' on seconds. so it will look like it's 1 min earlier or later, but it isn't.

even though, contact Amine and make the best app together

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9