Just as the title says, I dragged and dropped about 19gb's of music onto my n9, and the music player has been "Updating Library" for over a solid 24 hours. Is this normal behavior? Should I just let it be and wait it out? Is there an issue with how long it's been taking so far? Seems a little excessive to me, just want to make sure thats to be expected(oh and I want to utilize my Music player, of course ).
Thanks for the help in advance!

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg

The Following User Says Thank You to Scharel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
there a number of threads for this issue... In fact so many I don't remember which one to refer you to... The above posted thread is actually not a good one to solve the issue...

best would be to PM Arie and ask him to help you out otherwise get the tracker logs and post them here so we can guide you...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
This must be a problem with PR1.3 (see the posted threats), because on PR1.0 I added ca. 11Gb of music and tracker needed about a half hour for updating.

Edit:
The music was trasferred in mass mode (no sync).

Last edited by delmar; 2012-08-20 at 08:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
updated my 9gb fairly quickly, I wasn't stopping the time but in terms of minutes. usually use rsync to keep it in sync with my desktop.

The Following User Says Thank You to ausadl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
The information you want is in /home/user/.config/tracker, the log files will tell you which files don't agree with your tracker....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys! I hadn't really looked into the matter as much as I guess I should have, the quick couple of searches I made last night must not have had the right keywords in them because that thread Scharel linked to didn't come up. It was a long day at work, but perhaps I'll putz around with it later tonight. Hopefully I can get it to work out......thanks again!

Okay, got it working. Followed Manatus' step by step on the linked to thread (Tracker Problems (pr1.3)).

Started Music player, and while it performed the "Updating Library" task, opened terminal and ran

tracker-control -S

basically over and over until it gave me a "system miner is disabled by the plugin" error message. Then I would

tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog

and scroll up the list until I got a "tracker-miner-fs" followed by whatever album was giving me problems. It turned out to be 4(?) different albums all together, all of the artists starting in "D" , so I got discouraged quickly thinking "Oh great, its only at "D" and I'm getting all these ****ing errors already. Might just copy over one album at a time until It works properly". But thankfully, after those 4, all seems to be working well! Can open Music player, no problem, and scroll through all my music now. Thanks again guys!

Here's a little off topic question regarding another godamn annoyance of pr1.3......

Has the issue with not being able to save/add any words to the custom dictionary been solved yet(as in the words stay saved after a reboot of the device)?What an absolute nightmare that is...

Take it easy guys

The Following User Says Thank You to HelloEverybody For This Useful Post: