Active Topics

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
How about putting ubuntu edge os on a 128GB micro sd and booting off that. The Galaxy Note 3 should be able to handle it. I currently run Jelly Bean on my Nook that way. Would take considerable effort to make work but you wouldn't need $32 million to get started

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
How about putting ubuntu edge os on a 128GB micro sd and booting off that. The Galaxy Note 3 should be able to handle it. I currently run Jelly Bean on my Nook that way. Would take considerable effort to make work but you wouldn't need $32 million to get started
That is possible but not the same thing.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

lil bit familiar d-sign

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...Ibo/edit?pli=1

Let's compare...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...Ibo/edit?pli=1

Let's compare...
Puts it more in perspective, really really nice device

Just needs that Cover mod with Keyboard like N900 than it will be perfect, FM transmit and IR can be disused..., i rarely use those funktions

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-03 at 06:30.

http://blog.cooperteam.net/
For those who want to know learn about MIR. It is lengthy and technical but gives you good insight on what it is, why it is different, and why they used it.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
http://blog.cooperteam.net/
For those who want to know learn about MIR. It is lengthy and technical but gives you good insight on what it is, why it is different, and why they used it.
Great read. Now, go and order an Ubuntu Edge

Being four million behind the donation curve isn't the end of the world, but I still think that something more needs to be done. The good news is that these sorts of campaigns usually get a boost in donations at the end, so all could come out okay. Of course, there are less hopeful predictions as well.

I want the Edge built, and continue to advocate for it. I've convinced two other people to get the Edge too, so that's three for me. I'm just nervous that we're losing momentum that could cause people to not donate due to doubt that it'll get made.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great read. Now, go and order an Ubuntu Edge
I would if I wasn't broke.