Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Since the CSSU-Testing update, I'm no longer able to access the N900 file system via file manager, FileBox, or Mass Storage mode connected to W7 computer.

File Manager shows just the SD Card & Bluetooth available
FileBox just shows the SD card
Mass Storage Mode > Windows Explorer doesnt show either, or bring up the "Scanning device" box, etc.

The odd thing is that I think it worked a couple of times via Mass Storage Mode > Windows Explorer, as I remember the 1st time I connected it via USB to a W7 box after the update it gave a warning that it was unable to install software for the device, specifically memtioning PC Suite.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@rotoflex, ignore the PC Suite thing, that is the Nokia's standard message - akin to Microsoft's "reboot and see if it fixes the problem".

Your symptoms suggest a FS corruption. Definitely in MyDocs, possibly in optfs too. To debug it, let us start from the very basics. Open the terminal and run
Code:
df -h
mount
You can run that as user, no root necessary.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Hello! please my suggestion is if you Guru members can please consider adding this to the next update, it will really be appreciable as we N900 users already thank your great efforts and considerations you have given to this mighty phone. I suggest adding memory card issue to the next update please!
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...88#post1216388
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/.../602757/page/2

Last edited by abdel_95; 2015-04-15 at 20:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to abdel_95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Guys, how can I find out what process is generating network traffic?

The Following User Says Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Repeating the question asked in the ancient times.

Do we still need the hotfixes in mcsp? If not, can CSSU provide a dummy package?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
Guys, how can I find out what process is generating network traffic?
You could use netstat to see a list of all connections. Try with, as root, "netstat -puta" (sorry). You will see all established connections as well as all listening ports (servers) together with the associated program.

If you want it nice and real-time install "iftop" and run, as root, "iftop -i wlan0" (or "iftop -i gprs0" if you're connected via GPRS/UMTS).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Your symptoms suggest a FS corruption. Definitely in MyDocs, possibly in optfs too. To debug it, let us start from the very basics.=
Thanks, pichlo, but it seems to have spontaneously fixed itself!

Well, it's done it again.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

Your symptoms suggest a FS corruption. Definitely in MyDocs, possibly in optfs too. To debug it, let us start from the very basics. Open the terminal and run
Code:
df -h
mount
You can run that as user, no root necessary.
Okay, I did that, File Manager still shows only Bluetooth as an available system when started.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Please post the output of the two commands. Sorry, I should have made that clearer. They are only the basics to see what to do next, they will not fix anything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Sometimes, when operating system has just started, File Manager shows only Bluetooth as an available system. If I go to X-Terminal and ask "ps aux | grep fsck", I see an ongoing filesystem check (it's started automatically under certain conditions, like bad shutdown or something). After 5-10 or so minutes, it finishes, and now the MyDocs filesystem should be visible (close and open File Manager to be sure). If it is not visible, and there is no ongoing fsck, then there should be logs of fsck somewhere, I think...

Just sharing my experience, I am not an expert by any means.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing