Active Topics

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
How is the percentage measured? ( e.g. number of packages, number of 'tasks' to be executed, etc.)
Yes, it's the number of packages according to what PackageKit reports it will have to install. The full amount is 100%.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I like that jolla now seems to manage to get more updates to the user lately...not monthly but still acceptible pace. Keep it up.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
"Having the option to run Android applications on background enables receiving notifications for Android messaging apps even when the app is closed."

I only have two android apps, Aptiode Store and Whatsapp. While the new update lets me choose whether to allow the application background services to start on boot up on Apitode Store, the Whatsapp, app is greyed out and no such options are available. If this is how this update was supposed to be functioning, then its not got much of use as far as I am concerned. If there ever was a native OFFICIAL Whatsapp client, the one that wont be banned by Whatsapp and a native Facebook app (Friends app has stopped working, anyways it cudnt play videos!), then I dont think I would ever have any use for android support.
No, this seems to be a bug that some android apps aren't "upgraded" with settings panels. See here
https://together.jolla.com/question/...roid-settings/

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
There are mistakes in german language where can i post this errors?
Post them somewhere in TJC and hopefully it can be picked up and fixed (in the future hopefully via public translation instance).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Post them somewhere in TJC and hopefully it can be picked up and fixed (in the future hopefully via public translation instance).
For reference, they already have, and are here
https://together.jolla.com/question/...rman-language/

But I worry a little about the process we/they have with early releases, especially with regards to bugs we find here at TMO, and in TJC. Are people from Jolla monitoring and triaging? There was a time when things would get tagged with "tracked" which I assume means there's a corresponding internal bugzilla bug, but I haven't seen that in a while, and "answers" to release notes can't get tagged like that anyway.

I get the feeling that the software drop we're getting is a release candidate, so language changes and minor fixes aren't going to go in before public release, just big scary blockers.

In which case, what happens to other stuff we find? Is it still being tracked? And also there's a whole bunch of bugs (some of which seem like really easy fixes) which haven't been fixed since the last update. Should I bump them up again? Re-tag them with the new version? It's fine if they've been demoted internally in lieu of more important things (as long as they're in bugzilla), but I'd hate for them not to have been noticed in the never-ending stream of not-quite-bug-reports that is TJC.

Actually, should I post these questions to TJC? Will they just fly past and even if answered, get lost? Maybe this has been answered before just I didn't notice it at the time!

What would a better solution to all this not-quite bugtracking be? TJC have better integration with their bugzilla? Some kind of long-suffering liaison officer?

Ramble over.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Updated today. On the first take update progressed at fairly slow pace until the progress bar hit 74%. There the upgrade stalled, and waiting about 1.5h I pulled the battery and prepared myself mentally for reinstalling from scratch.

After powering on, however, the device came back to 1.1.6.27 and when I checked for updates I was offered Björnträsk again.
When the update started, it progressed pretty quick and after about 20 minuted rebooted to new version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Whatsapp, app is greyed out and no such options are available.
Same to me with youtube and whatsapp. Looks like only some Android apps a not working. i have a second test jolla with ~50 android apps installed and 5 of them are greayed out as not configurable. so your 50% failratio is reduced to 10% in my testcase

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Looks like only some Android apps a not working. i have a second test jolla with ~50 android apps installed and 5 of them are greayed out as not configurable
It seems that reinstalling this apps will solve this issue: https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-99371

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
.... There the upgrade stalled, and waiting about 1.5h I pulled the battery and prepared myself mentally for reinstalling from scratch.
Did not went like Strömsöössä?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Did not went like Strömsöössä?
Almost, but not quite there.

On positive side, did not have to redo-from-start, and no restoring of backups needed but for a moment I thought I'd need to go that route.

On previous updates I have 3 times needed to wipe the device with repair mode to factory settings and reinstall everything. However that is no problem for me as I all the time take nightly FS backups with rsync so I never lose anything whatever happens