Notices

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
I have made this icon for use with vagalume. I hope it is better than the sperm one.

or if you like you can have this one

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-11-28 at 02:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
The first one looks so so much better than the original! You've done a real good job of all of these. Thanks man.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Nice icon pack, only problems with I can find are:
- The "mail" icon on the "new message" -box on the task switcher is too big.
- The new battery graphics are incredibly ugly, I'd recommend sticking to the old ones.

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Nice icon pack, only problems with I can find are:
- The "mail" icon on the "new message" -box on the task switcher is too big.
Any chance you could post a screeny showing what you mean. I can't see what you are describing.

- The new battery graphics are incredibly ugly, I'd recommend sticking to the old ones.
I have mentioned in an earlier reply in regard to the battery graphics that I wish to keep as close as possible to tiheums original Faenza icon theme for linux desktops, and those are his battery icons, which I happen to like actually.
As with everything, it is personal taste and I am not going to be able to please everyone.
You can easily revert back to the original battery icons by deleting the 11 faenza theme ones in
/usr/share/icons/faenza-n900-icons/scalable/hildon or alternatively, replacing those icons with ones you prefer.

P.S. Your blog is unreachable every time I try to look. Too long to respond.

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Any chance you could post a screeny showing what you mean. I can't see what you are describing.
Mail icon.

Looking nice

A bit cramped?

I have mentioned in an earlier reply in regard to the battery graphics that I wish to keep as close as possible to tiheums original Faenza icon theme for linux desktops, and those are his battery icons, which I happen to like actually.
As with everything, it is personal taste and I am not going to be able to please everyone.
You can easily revert back to the original battery icons by deleting the 11 faenza theme ones in
/usr/share/icons/faenza-n900-icons/scalable/hildon or alternatively, replacing those icons with ones you prefer.
It's not the icon that's the problem, it's the resizing that makes it look fuzzy and not pixel perfect. The one in the status menu looks okey due it's larger resolution. Would you mind if I would try to re-create the icons to make them pixel perfect?

P.S. Your blog is unreachable every time I try to look. Too long to respond.
I am fully aware of that. It's due to server updates so the DNS server isn't configured correctly right now. I'll fix it when I get time.

It's not the icon that's the problem, it's the resizing that makes it look fuzzy and not pixel perfect. The one in the status menu looks okey due it's larger resolution. Would you mind if I would try to re-create the icons to make them pixel perfect?
I can't say I have ever seen those screens. So thanks.

Still unsure as to what is happening.
Of course you can make your own ones. I had a tweaked tasklaunch_sms_chat one to include with the next update as well so you may want to look out for that if you allow an update. It will overwrite existing.

Anyway, I noticed that my pack is missing a 32x32 and a 26x26 of the general_email but it wouldn't be that causing the issue anyway as it would have taken one from the hicolor folder and it would have been immediately obvious.

I have attached both the general_email and tasklaunch_sms_chat in 512x512 if they are any good to you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip two icons 512x512.zip (220.4 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-11-29 at 09:44.

Version 0.1.5-1 in autobuilder as I post this.

Added icons for:
  • Vagalume
  • SMSCon Editor
  • Frontview
  • Maecount
  • Evernote
  • tweaked a few others including statusarea_packetdata

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:

About the battery indicator, I'm not sure why this is happening, but as you can see it's not rendering as it should.

Yeah I wonder why that is.......??
I'll have to investigate that. Being a scalable image, I gather the size of the image isn't actually right for the location.

I've attached a few other icons that might be of use to you.

I got them from; http://spg76.deviantart.com/art/Faen...ants-184551528

I'd like to find a good Twitter one, replace the gPodder, Photo, Sygic Maps and a better Phone icon. Also, a nice replacement for the status area WiFi indicator would be...nice.

Also, the "not online" indicator is still a circle with an X in the Conversations window, while "online" is shown as a square.

I also imagine there is a better icon for the general_sms icon than the envelop, it looks a bit weird when next to the chat one, which is superb.
Attached Images

Last edited by hawaii; 2010-12-05 at 22:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post: