Notices

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 174 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Hagenberg i.M., Austria
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
16kHz
maximum FLAC compression level

I tried to open it from the PC using VLC, it crashes when it tries to play the file...
Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't check it till tomorrow evening. Can you please try and set the sampling rate to 32 kHz?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
FWIW, I cannot chesk HtheB's case either as it is impossible for me to make such long calls. BUT - recording settings same as HtheB's produce a very jerky progress bar movement on playback. And the progress bar never reaches the end, even though the recording does. Changing settings back to 32kHz fixes that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
FWIW, I cannot chesk HtheB's case either as it is impossible for me to make such long calls. BUT - recording settings same as HtheB's produce a very jerky progress bar movement on playback. And the progress bar never reaches the end, even though the recording does. Changing settings back to 32kHz fixes that.
That is exactly my problem!
I noticed that it does that with all my calls, not just long calls

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Guys, I switched sampling rate to 16 kHz and recorded an incoming call 1 min 30 sec length. It really does play back with glitches on the device and the progress bar is faulty but I could play it back normally on my desktop Fedora with VLC, Rhythmbox and Audacity.

Actually this is exactly what was written in the top post and the README file upon release of the Call Recorder 0.4. There was a paragraph regarding sampling rates other than 44.1 and 32 kHz which may cause this type of problems. I don't really know how to address it now, guess we should just try and wait until Jolla upgrades to gstreamer-1.0. If it's not happening any time soon or won't help, I'll try and work this around with direct decoding using libFLAC.

What is really interesting is that VLC crashes when HtheB tries to play back his file. Can you please check if this file can be imported to Audacity?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

the call recorder has been updated. Please refer to top post for details.

Cheers

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

strings are frozen for the upcoming update 0.5.1. Please update your translations at Transifex.

This update won't have any new features yet but will include the following translations provided by the amazing Sailfish community:
  • Chinese (Taiwan)
  • Czech
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Greek
  • Italian
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

All contributors will appear in Release Notes and in Translators page inside the app. If you don't have your real name in Transifex profile, please provide me with your login and your name how you want it to be displayed in the app! You may drop an email, use Transifex private messages, TMO private messages, Facebook private messages or just write somewhere in open.

Thanks

Cheers

Last edited by dpurgin; 2015-04-19 at 15:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have a question on building the 0.5 version of callrecorder;
There is a new subproject qtpulseaudio included, but there is no content in it... Am I missing something here?

I cannot build the latest release because harbour-callrecorder/qtpulseaudio/qtpulseaudio.pro cannot be built...

Hi juiceme,

qtpulseaudio is a git submodule referring to https://github.com/dpurgin/qtpulseaudio/.

As a matter of fact, I've never cloned git repos with submodules myself I think the following link should help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...ing-submodules

The Following User Says Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
OMG I am so stupid... sorry about that!

submodules... of course...
I never have used submodules, but have often used exported SVN repos, that's the analogy, right.

Thanks very much for the tip!!

Hi all,

the harbour-callrecorder has been updated to 0.5.1. Please refer to top post for details!

Regards

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dpurgin For This Useful Post: