Hello,
I have a Nokia N810 and a Blackberry Curve 8330 for Sprint. When I connect, my nokia asks me if I want to use this phone for internet connections. I say yes and then it asks me for my username and password. Is that my phone number because I don't know. If I just press ok, then it says error connecting to phone. Is there any way I can fix this?
Thanks

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I dont have a blackberry. But I was able to tether my Treo/palm phone sometime back, and here is a step by step.

1) Can your blackberry access the web? If so, you should know
phone number for the dial-up, your user name, and the account password.
If not, call up your subscription, they will tell you, if you can prove who you are.

2) Pair your N810 with the blackberry by the BT.

3) setup dial-up from your N810

4) if successful, when click on your N810, will wake the blackberry and get connect.

I do not have a blackberry, in a 'nut'-shell, that is what one do in tethering.

good luck

bun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
I have a similar setup, an n800 with a blackberry curve. Uptil about a month ago, I could get on to my everything-plan-sprint-blackberry, and now I can't. Sprint rep said that an audit was done, and the service was accidental, and has been stopped.

dial #777, blank user and pass was how I used to get connected.

have you tried some sort of pan program for blackberry (no idea if they have them but it'd be kinda lame) and maemo-pan... works great with winmo 6/6.1

[QUOTE=ashzx;415305]I have a similar setup, an n800 with a blackberry curve. Uptil about a month ago, I could get on to my everything-plan-sprint-blackberry, and now I can't. Sprint rep said that an audit was done, and the service was accidental, and has been stopped.

dial #777, blank user and pass was how I used to get connected.[/QUOTE

It always says Connection failed to phone (My Name)
Try Again?

How can I fix this. Thanks

Last edited by gokuman56; 2009-12-11 at 21:50.

[QUOTE=gokuman56;423664]
Originally Posted by ashzx View Post
I have a similar setup, an n800 with a blackberry curve. Uptil about a month ago, I could get on to my everything-plan-sprint-blackberry, and now I can't. Sprint rep said that an audit was done, and the service was accidental, and has been stopped.

dial #777, blank user and pass was how I used to get connected.[/QUOTE

It always says Connection failed to phone (My Name)
Try Again?

How can I fix this. Thanks
Sometimes re-pairing of the BT will fix the problem. Were you able to wake up your blackberry from your nokia? If you cannot, BT pairing has NOT accomplished.

bun

[QUOTE=bunanson;425219]
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post

Sometimes re-pairing of the BT will fix the problem. Were you able to wake up your blackberry from your nokia? If you cannot, BT pairing has NOT accomplished.

bun
I tried re-pairing many times. The blackberry wakes up and at the top left, it says modem mode for around two seconds, but then the Nokia says failed to connect.Any solutions. Thanks

[QUOTE=gokuman56;425229]
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post

I tried re-pairing many times. The blackberry wakes up and at the top left, it says modem mode for around two seconds, but then the Nokia says failed to connect.Any solutions. Thanks
A lot of things can go wrong for that kind of error statement. Have you been able to log in via a desktop? I was thinking about the your user name and password may NOT be good.

bun

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Hello,
I have a Nokia N810 and a Blackberry Curve 8330 for Sprint. When I connect, my nokia asks me if I want to use this phone for internet connections. I say yes and then it asks me for my username and password. Is that my phone number because I don't know. If I just press ok, then it says error connecting to phone. Is there any way I can fix this?
Thanks
I can confirm what ashzx said about Sprint. I was able to tether my N810 to my Palm Treo 755p without any additional software, drivers, etc., for at least 5 months then all of sudden it failed all the time. I was able to confirm that Sprint did change something, which I find a little annoying since I contacted my Sprint rep and asked if I could now get a PAM (phone as modem) plan, and he said that it was still not available (I'd asked numerous times before). To tether my Windows notebook computer to my Treo, I had to use an app like USBModem or PDANet. But I never had to do that with my N810. Now I have to run USBModem on my Palm in order for my N810 to successfully tether. I imagine that you're encountering the same thing.

I don't know much about Blackberry or what hacks are available for the various models, but if you just can't get it working you can always try Mobile Stream's Blackberry Tethering Solution app for $9.95:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/modem_bb.html

It's a better deal than USBModem (by the same company) -- $24.95. That about killed me to have to pay that for a Palm app, but not having the ability to tether was rendering my N810 all but useless.

-- Chris

It looks like sprint blocked tethering and you have to pay a $60 fee every month to tether

Tags
blackberry, bluetooth, curve 8330, diablo, dun, maemo, maemo 4, sprint, tether, tethering