Notices

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
So far im not able to play back recorded data. it plays a short shutter and thats it..
Thanks for the feedback, as per my last post some more data would be useful:

I get this behaviour from time to time when the system is under load. Performance is top of the list once the UI is complete. Have a look at some of the performance suggestions made in the first post.

Would be useful to have a little more info about your setup to add to my performance data:
PR version (e.g. pr1.3)
Stock kernel or custom (clock speed if OCing)
What apps are running at the same time, including desktop widgets etc.
thanks again

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by mr id View Post
Would be useful to have a little more info about your setup to add to my performance data
-pr 1.3 (20.2010.36-2.003)
-Stock kernel, no OCing
-I deleted any running widgets, for now I only have a couple of shortcuts on the 1st desktop, then rebooted, but nope, still the same behaviour, half a second of recording.

Now when I save a project file (in MyDocs/tmp) and try to load it again, fillmore issues a read error, and then loads the file but the blocks are "empty"...

Now yesterday, I tried to install easy debian (quite why I'm not really sure), it asked me to reserve 1.5g to 2 but only DLoaded a 300Mg lzma file (that I told it to save in Mydocs/tmp) unpacked it in about an hour and rebooted in what seemed the normal fashion (funnily wiping out my 1st desktop screen clean of all widgets and shortcuts) but no chance running LXDE or any packaged app.
At one point the system told me that I had corrupted package files, and that I should issue a "dpkg --somethingaboutdeps -a" which I did, the error disappeared but LXDE stil failed to lauch, so I un-installed the easy debian package for know, waiting to familiarize myself with deb-based systems.

Should I reflash ? It very much looks so, since I can't get fillmore to run even under a normal-load system (uptime says 0.50 before I lauch fillmore and 1.10 right after) ?
On the other hand, every app that I can try now works well, ovi maps, Multimedia player, phone, skype, everything works..?

Last edited by xaccrocheur; 2010-11-25 at 14:11. Reason: uptime values

Originally Posted by xaccrocheur View Post
pr 1.3 (20.2010.36-2.003)
Stock kernel
I deleted any running widgets, for now I only have a couple of shortcuts on the 1st desktop, then rebooted, but nope, still the same behaviour, half a second of recording.
Thanks very much, this is useful stuff to know.

Now when I save a project file (in MyDocs/tmp) and try to load it again, fillmore issues a read error, and then loads the file but the blocks are "empty"...
After the read error my guess is all bets are off on having a usable sound file.

A quick test may be to start fillmore, 'save as' to a different folder (maybe on sd if you have one installed) and make a quick recording, save, close and reopen. May make a difference, may not

Should I reflash ? It very much looks so, since I can't get fillmore to run even under a normal-load system (uptime says 0.00) ?
On the other hand, every app that I can try now works well, ovi maps, Multimedia player, phone, skype, everything works..?
I wouldn't reflash just for fillmore, It's at such an early stage of development that it could be that in some set-ups it just wont work atm (I'm ever optimistic but I just don't have enough data / feedback to tell).

I'll leave it to you to reflash or not, but if you're not actually using easydebian and it had problems installing it's something you may want to do for your own peace of mind.

Thanks for the feedback, as per my last post some more data would be useful:
Sorry for the brief post. ill get back to testing tomorrow. Ill report back. Good work though. was looking forward to this for a while. Do continue supporting this port

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Just a quick note, I was curious and tried, on my desktop machine, to play back some of the files that Fillmore produced (in the "Audio files" dir of the project dir), and it works fine, it *is* recording. So the PB is only about the playback.

Last edited by xaccrocheur; 2010-11-27 at 11:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to xaccrocheur For This Useful Post:
Just a quick note, I was curious and tried, on my desktop machine, to play back some of the files that Fillmore produced (in the "Audio files" dir of the project dir), and it works fine, it *is* recording. So the PB is only about the playback.
They should play on-device through the standard Media Player installed then - try it out.

FEEDBACK

Hey! Great stuff. It's not usable for me at the moment. Would be great to have this working smooth in the future. See points below.
My n900 is not OC, its pr 1.3. No widgets or anything else running.
I have dependencies, have restarted, am using headphones etc.

1. During playback it pauses everytime it hits or leaves a recorded block. However, by zooming in fully, it plays without pausing. Weird?

2. During playback I can only hear 1 sec of audio before everything is turns silent. If I click the timeline again it again plays 1 second of audio and then goes silent. If I export the song the audio plays fine in the media player.

Can't give much more feedback than that since I am unable to record a song and review it properly.

Keep the good work up!

The Following User Says Thank You to outdoors For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by outdoors View Post
FEEDBACK

Hey! Great stuff. It's not usable for me at the moment. Would be great to have this working smooth in the future. See points below.
My n900 is not OC, its pr 1.3. No widgets or anything else running.
I have dependencies, have restarted, am using headphones etc.

1. During playback it pauses everytime it hits or leaves a recorded block. However, by zooming in fully, it plays without pausing. Weird?

2. During playback I can only hear 1 sec of audio before everything is turns silent. If I click the timeline again it again plays 1 second of audio and then goes silent. If I export the song the audio plays fine in the media player.

Can't give much more feedback than that since I am unable to record a song and review it properly.

Keep the good work up!
Thanks a lot, it's very useful feedback.

I suspect the audio and the timeline animation is proving a strain at stock kernel speeds and audio gives way. I may have to look at setting an option to not animate the timeline whilst playing or recording until I can get around to streamlining in general. I'll run some more tests at stock speeds here.

Just to sanity check - are you recording an external sound source or from sounds playing on-device (e.g. media player)?

Thanks again.

Just to sanity check - are you recording an external sound source or from sounds playing on-device (e.g. media player)?

Thanks again.
Happy to help. This I THE app i have been wanting from day 1
I have all settings as when i installed it and i used the standard nokia headset to record and listen through. Also tried other headphones but with the same result. I.E i am recording myself saying "testing 123" through the mic on the headset.

The Following User Says Thank You to outdoors For This Useful Post:
It's okay it's not you. Just tried running at stock the experience is far from good! Seeing the same thing of a brief snatch of sound and then nothing, if I manually advance the timeline I get another snippet and then silence again.

I always had doubts about how well this port could perform on the default kernel. Still at least I can reproduce it here, so I'll know when it improves.

cheers