Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What I find nice is that the most voted suggestion on together is "Differentiate native SailfishOS and Android apps in Jolla store"

I'd really like to see it done in a neat way, as I almost installed an android app by mistake

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What I find nice is that the most voted suggestion on together is "Differentiate native SailfishOS and Android apps in Jolla store"

I'd really like to see it done in a neat way, as I almost installed an android app by mistake
I've done that twice. I think they need to add a remorse timer before the install begins, at least for Android apps

I'm still not sure why the Android apps need to be there at all unless Jolla are hoping at some point to turn the store into a money making venture and make money from the Android apps.

We also need a "Differentiate shitty RSS feed apps from real apps" flag or a Store manager at Jolla with a cricket bat to re-educate anyone who lets them in to the store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Why block app developers based on the language and framework they choose to use?

It's a valid request from users that they want android apps to be distinct - but, for example, I (kinda) use an opensource android app called MobileOrg which offers integration to Emacs org mode. I think things like that may are worth putting in harbour.

So I don't think anyone should be prevented from easily maintaing android packages for Jolla