Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
I found this great site called Grooveshark:
http://listen.grooveshark.com

It's a spotify clone that works through your browser, and it has a extensive music database. The load up to the music is not that quick to be honest, but once you find the music you like(you can also make an account to save playlists I think) they'll play perfectly.

So again the browser comes to aid and us cheap people don't have to become premium members to get to use spotify on our devices

this is great find..thanx

Yeah, this is a very cool site! A native maemo app would be nice... nudge nudge

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I had this app on my winmo phone. Love how you put in an artist or song name and it pulled right up and played it!

This is one of those things I'd love to have an app for. Usually I love to not have app for stuff if you can use it through browser (gmail for example), but as that site is so heavy having a app to use it would be great.

Though I'm really hoping Nokia would transform it's music store in to something like this. I'd be willing to pay for that like spotify.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I would very much like a native app for grooveshark since the website is very heavy on flash and cpu.

I know that there is a working plugin for moovida (former elisa) that I have tried on my laptop.

It is somewhat unpolished but it is working. Some functions are not working. But the most important search and play - are there. Since it is a thirdparty plugin I think it would be possible to implement in the n900 to. Either as a standalone app or as a plugin to the mediaplayer.

But I have no coding-skills what-so-everrr...

The launchpad for the plugin launchpad account.

After swiftly checking the file it seems to mostly be some python files so coders, please check. ASAP

Last edited by daddeddad; 2010-02-14 at 21:29. Reason: Added link to other site

Another sort of spotify clone is http://www.we7.com which is much lighter to load than grooveshark and works perfectly on my n900. Similar to grooveshark, you can create a login to creat playlists etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to arbitrabbit For This Useful Post:
we7 just doesn't have a big library like grooveshark. Can find lots of Finnish music on grooveshark for example but not on we7. So guess I'll use grooveshark when I happen to listen to finnish music and we7 otherwise

cheers

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Anybody there? Hate to nag, but has anybody checked the grooveshark plugin I mentioned above?

I myself would find it sickly usefull to be able to search for any song in the mediaplayer - and have it delivered to me, no hassle - no flash. In the summer I have a lot of spare time, but not now. Can some skilled person skim through the code in the link above and tell me if it's doable?

Last edited by daddeddad; 2010-03-10 at 19:15. Reason: spellcheck

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
Anybody there? Hate to nag, but has anybody checked the grooveshark plugin I mentioned above?

I myself would find it sickly usefull to be able to search for any song in the mediaplayer - and have it delivered to me, no hassle - no flash. In the summer I have a lot of spare time, but not now. Can some skilled person skim through the code in the link above and tell me if it's doable?
Would be cool but we have spotify, why do we need this. except its free.

Tags
grooveshark, spotify