Does anybody recognizes the building and the background?
Is it in Espoo?

Can we confirm the shot was made yesterday (what was the weather)?

I gather he took a flight from the conference, paused for some time and gave interview.

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I've rotated your image.

In that photo, Eflop looks terrified by the N9. It looks like a perfect image for the content of the article. Too perfect to be a true photograph.

Photoshop?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Does anybody recognizes the building and the background?
Is it in Espoo?

Can we confirm the shot was made yesterday (what was the weather)?

I gather he took a flight from the conference, paused for some time and gave interview.
That's from Keilaniemi, Espoo. In the picture, you can see the Neste HQ building on the background on window. The picture text also says that he has just returned from Singapore on a Finnair flight.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
As Sampsa Kurri from Muropaketti noted:

Originally Posted by Sampsa Kurri
No eiköhän se nyt tarkoita sitä, että Nokian uusi ensisijainen älypuhelinstrategia ei tule palaamaan MeeGoon, vaan on Windows Phone. En kyllä tajua miten tosta on saatu väännettyä, että toista meegoluuria ei tule, fail.
I won't translate it since he has been seen personally writing here, but Elop's statement might mean that Nokia won't make MeeGo it's top priority OS again, but will keep on with Windows Phone -strategy.

Still Elop's timing is the worst possible and he treats the device wrong. Not a single positive comment, it's all about the Windows Phone 7, baby.

Last edited by Ministeri; 2011-06-23 at 09:53.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
look at this elop stole N9 design for a Wp7, it as few small differences only, might be fake though
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/23/st...-is-just-that/

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Here is a screenshot from the HS digipaper:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pasih For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
That's from Keilaniemi, Espoo. In the picture, you can see the Neste HQ building on the background on window. The picture text also says that he has just returned from Singapore on a Finnair flight.
That means, he was very interested in emphasizing the N9 is not the future, but WF7. I don't know about Singapore-Helsinki, but it takes between 12-13 hours between Singapore-Frankfurt + 2x jet lag.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-06-23 at 09:55.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
That means, he was very interested in emphasizing the N9 is not the future, but WF7. I don't know about Singapore-Helsinki, but it takes between 12-13 hours between Singapore-Frankfurt + 2x jet lag.
Actually the article states:

"After returning early in the morning from Singapore, CEO Elop is praising the pace of change of Nokia."

So this has been made after the trip. Mr. Microsoft is a fast sabotager.

EDIT: Oh, this was already noted. My bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
Actually the article states:

"After returning early in the morning from Singapore, CEO Elop is praising the pace of change of Nokia."

So this has been made after the trip. Mr. Microsoft is a fast sabotager.
Exactly what I mean.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Well, the first time he set Meego on fire wasn't clearly enough. There was still some life in the old penguin and possibility of people buying and/or doing 3rd party software for Meego.

So, I bet he went to that Neste Oil HQ shown on that picture just behind Nokia HQ and asked few barrels of biodiesel. Always good to be environmentally conscious when setting your platforms on fire.

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-06-23 at 11:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan