Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Some apps/patches are not able to run under 3.4. I think mostly because of the change of the username.
What do you mean? Did the username change from "nemo" to something else in 3.4?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
What do you mean? Did the username change from "nemo" to something else in 3.4?
Yes. From.3.4 on if the device is flashed the new default user name is 'defaultuser'.
Devices updated OTA to 3.4 will keep 'nemo'.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Next annoyance: I made a backup before I reflashed. Unfortunately this backup didn't include my contacts. I have no clue why. Lucky me, I have still an older vcf export. I hope not to many contacts are missing.
I got the same problem : backup did not restore all successfully, and contacts, notes and browser favorite did not make it.

However the problem was not in the backup part, only in the restore step.

If you open the backup archive, you can find the vcf data that you can extract and import manually. At least it did it for me.
Path inside the backup archive is : /./People/data/all.vcf

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yes. From.3.4 on if the device is flashed the new default user name is 'defaultuser'.
Devices updated OTA to 3.4 will keep 'nemo'.
Ah, good to know. Need to go check all my scripts and applications to see if any have a hardcoded home directory.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I was thinking recently that I should do the same yes, but I've been lazy so far.

From the user's perspective, a workaround that someone suggested is to make a symlink to /home/nemo.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
That helps for some apps. But others still have problems. I have no clue if it's caused by the username. Wunderfitz for example is crippled. I'm able to install it and use it with the build in Nowegian dictonary. But importing dictionaries is impossible.

At the moment I also struggle to set up a running debian container in lxc. But that also happened in the past, so I'm fiddeling around a little bit.

For the Wunderfitz problem I will have a look, if I can get some data from another phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I was thinking recently that I should do the same yes, but I've been lazy so far.

From the user's perspective, a workaround that someone suggested is to make a symlink to /home/nemo.
More like the other way round - from /home/defaultuser to /home/nemo (assuming fresh install of 3.4).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Symlink is working fine.
So my last problem is, that I'm still not able to create a working debian container. Has anybody a running Container on the Pro1, running 3.4?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Ah, good to know. Need to go check all my scripts and applications to see if any have a hardcoded home directory.
That problem came and bit me on the butt when I tried to run a python script I'd written on my SFOS device on my desktop. At least I'm now prepared for that one very specific migration problem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ France
Symlink is working fine.
So my last problem is, that I'm still not able to create a working debian container. Has anybody a running Container on the Pro1, running 3.4?
I recently bought a 2nd hand Pro1, and installed Harbour-containers on it yesterday, with Debian Buster.
I do have shell access, but Xsession does not work (yet), although I haven't spent time on it to understand why.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cartron For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os