Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
But I think I've missed reinob...
Sh1t! my cover is blown!

I actually thought about this (now that I'm even a passive user of IRC and all , but I'll let it pass for now. I also have a full-time job (well, technically 80% so that I can take care of the kids as well) plus kids (which as previously mentioned overlap with my job , meaning my free time is severely limited (and reserved for the wife, who also needs (or rather, deserves attention .

There, I chicken out (for now). But I'll come back some day.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Sh1t! my cover is blown!

I actually thought about this (now that I'm even a passive user of IRC and all , but I'll let it pass for now. I also have a full-time job (well, technically 80% so that I can take care of the kids as well) plus kids (which as previously mentioned overlap with my job , meaning my free time is severely limited (and reserved for the wife, who also needs (or rather, deserves attention .

There, I chicken out (for now). But I'll come back some day.
Come on! Work 80% kids 100% then u have atleast 36 % left for TMO...Including 84 % wasted on your hobbies/wife)

This coming from one with little to no time. That's why it's more fun to use percentage rather than hours.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Come on! Work 80% kids 100% then u have atleast 36 % left for TMO...Including 84 % wasted on your hobbies/wife)

This coming from one with little to no time. That's why it's more fun to use percentage rather than hours.
OK you're right. Lame excuse. Didn't want to just say that I'm a lazy spaniard. Oops.

Still, there's this small detail that I cannot quite solve. WTF does the council actually do?

I know, the question is (supposed to be) provocative. I have read the bylaws and related documents. Removing the Nokia-factor from the whole thing I don't quite see what *my* tasks would involve were I to candidate and get elected.

But hey, I'll anyway consider whether I actually want to candidate (there's still some time).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I am flattered by the nomination. I will take a few days to think about whether to accept the opportunity to stand for election...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Additionally, I nominate (in alphabetical order):

- benny1967
It makes me very proud somebody thinks I'd deserve a place on this list. There are several reasons why it's better I decline - but that's not the main reason I write this post. I write it because I really feel honored and want to thank Win7Mac for thinking of me in such a way.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
OK you're right. Lame excuse. Didn't want to just say that I'm a lazy spaniard. Oops.

Still, there's this small detail that I cannot quite solve. WTF does the council actually do?

I know, the question is (supposed to be) provocative. I have read the bylaws and related documents. Removing the Nokia-factor from the whole thing I don't quite see what *my* tasks would involve were I to candidate and get elected.

But hey, I'll anyway consider whether I actually want to candidate (there's still some time).
Just look at the threads and discussion from the previous councils over the years. Mostly you just participate in endless discussion about nothing...Grab a device or two for free and send one or two open letters to random people or organizations...Maybe create a diagram or two

Yeah, that pretty much it, I guess. No cocktail partys, red carpets, real appreciation or recognition. You are also almost always under attack from someone trying to know "stuff" better than you, doesn't really matter what you do

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-05 at 16:04.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Except the free devices, above seems true!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Just look at the threads and discussion from the previous councils over the years. Mostly you just participate in endless discussion about nothing...Grab a device or two for free and send one or two open letters to random people or organizations...Maybe create a diagram or two

Yeah, that pretty much it, I guess. No cocktail partys, red carpets, real appreciation or recognition. You are also almost always under attack from someone trying to know "stuff" better than you, doesn't really matter what you do
Which is.... My point, and why I closed/reopened my account.
My Karma is less than 100 !
I can't be accepted for nomination, and I will continue my contributions as a "dumb" user.

All the nominations are good people.

But, I will have to decline the nomination

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Just to bump it back to the last day's posts.

And to remind everybody to think (loud) about volunteering/nominating.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1450622

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And to remind everybody to think (loud) about volunteering/nominating.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1450622
OK. I actually would like to volunteer. Is this enough, or do I have to send it to the mailing list? do you require a reasoned statement?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, happy new year