Active Topics

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
the repo list with `ssu lr` needs to be correct before you run `version --dup`
Thanks, looks like that'll keep me busy tomorrow evening!

Could you list your repos please? (zypper lr)

Any idea when a new flashable release will be released?

Any significant changes you've noticed specific to FP2 with the new SFOS version, or "just" the standard things?

EDIT: Thanks explit I'll probably wait until it's released officially, I use it as my main phone and don't fancy completely reflashing more than once. I'm excited now though!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by explit View Post
I connected all the Jolla C Repos, Maps, Store, Exchange, XT9 works very well and stable. Alien Dalvik is installed but didn't work (not yet). Need additional tweaking.
Hmmm are you saying we may actually get unofficial Dalvik working or is it just hope?

Because I start reconsider buy fairphone if that happens. I just need to get bankid working == dalvik desperatly needed.

Just realized the community is "spamming" jolla and fairhphone about this very much(me included) maybe we should get the damn myriad involved too.

I don't get why on earth this has still not happened what is the route cause? Incombability with different linux kernel versions?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-08-03 at 21:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Hmmm are you saying we may actually get unofficial Dalvik working or is it just hope?

Because I start reconsider buy fairphone if that happens. I just need to get bankid working == dalvik desperatly needed.

Just realized the community is "spamming" jolla and fairhphone about this very much(me included) maybe we should get the damn myriad involved too.

I don't get why on earth this has still not happened what is the route cause? Incombability with different linux kernel versions?
Well, i'm not a developer. I only said, that i was able to install all for Alien Dalvik needed files on the FP2 from the Jolla C aliendalvik repos.

There were alredy pics leaked in Web showing FP2 with installed android apps.

So i think, alien dalvik is possible. But i wouldn't make it run allone.
It needs tweaking. and hacking. FP2 has 3.4.0 Kernel, Jolla Tablet and Jolla C has 3.10 Kernel.

This might be the case, why it doesn't run OOB.

I think, after 2.0.2.xx is coming out for the FP2 by the community - Fairphone will realease an official Version with alien dalvik.. IMHO

If we have some android / alien dalvik Developer / hacker here at tmo. (I think we have :-)) - please help us to get the damn Alien Dalvik to run on the FP2.

I from my side will do anything i can to get it running.

Last edited by explit; 2016-08-03 at 22:30.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Fairphone 2 is avaiable in Germany with Contract (1&1)

https://mobile.1und1.de/fairphone-2?...&zxuid=1351277

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
I know people has been discussing the Fairphone with Sailfish on it, But I just looked at Fairphone's web site and they are still advertising the Fairphone 2 with Android on it.
So where does one find the Fairphone with Sailfish?
https://www.fairphone.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Sailfish OS on Fairphone 2 is still under development. They officially confirmed that an official supported port is a possibility, including Alien Dalvik. However nothing released yet.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
I know people has been discussing the Fairphone with Sailfish on it, But I just looked at Fairphone's web site and they are still advertising the Fairphone 2 with Android on it.
So where does one find the Fairphone with Sailfish?
https://www.fairphone.com/
AT the moment, you can only buy Fairphone 2 with Android and flash the community edition of Sailfish on it.

You can get it from here:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada...fishOS_for_fp2

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the clarification. For some reason I thought Fairphone already offered Sailfish.

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
Yeah, I confirm everything above. Just flashed FP2 OTA to 2.0.2.48 thanks to mal-, and all is mostly good for daily work
I forgot to ask, has the earpiece speaker volume been increased in the new releases? That's the most annoying bug in the 2.0.0.10 release IMO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I forgot to ask, has the earpiece speaker volume been increased in the new releases? That's the most annoying bug in the 2.0.0.10 release IMO.
for me its working fine with and loud under 2.0.2.48

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:

Tags
fairphone, fairphone 2, sailfish os