Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
yeah... blaaah blaaaah blaaaaah... brave Nokia figther...

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Do people really want maemo6/meego even if they can't install the apps for it from OVI? Since Nokia already stated that aps for ovi will use DRM which doesn't exist on the n900...
So what does it really matter?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
just chill my friend. we all are in this together by the way. just some of us are not showing our sorrow to the rest of the community and be more saint and waiting for what ever N900 will benefit from MeeGO, doean't meant we are not caring about the future of the device.

PATIENCE IS VIRTUE. another words from budha!

Sorry, but now, I only can be patient waiting for 4gs or Nexus Two... no more Nokia experiments with my money.

The Following User Says Thank You to rpgAmazon For This Useful Post:
I've given up on the idea of nokia officially supporting Meego on my n900 and frankly I dont care anymore. As long as they have a few more updates that get rid of the the bugs and annoyances that are currently on my device I will be happy. Anything on top of that will be gravy.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
If you read my original post its not at all negative. Read between the lines ,as you always have to in business, and you will see there are indeed good things coming.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
I think the N900 will continue receiving love from Nokia until everything a manufacturer should have working on the phone, has it working. Meaning proper maps/phone functionality and so on.

I strongly believe Nokia will make this much happen. After this we're on our own. We'll get a lot of apps from the Meego world through porting them to the N900 thanks to QT, but we will never receive Meego. Or not a proper Meego version anyway due to hardware limitations (mostly thinking multitouch).

Minor bug fix firmware updates later on maybe, but that's it.

For me this is enough, due to the amount of apps QT brings us and how much we already get from the N900. Sure I'll be envious of full bread MeeGo devices, but I'll always love my N900

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
Sorry, but now, I only can be patient waiting for 4gs or Nexus Two... no more Nokia experiments with my money.
Are you gonna complain also when Iphone 5g comes out and you can't use it's holographic display or something like that? ... did 3g buyers complain when 3gs came out with better processor and 3.5g connection? ... i'm sure nokia's device will be better than 4g like N900 is better than 3gs, etc.... the only real thing we can complain and is the things nokia promised from the beggining, like fixes for the camera, being able to use the front camera, video calls, ovi maps, and that stuff, cause that's what we paid for, we didn't payed for meego

Muuuaaaaahahahaha... ok, I leave this! I feel living between Happyland and Frikiland!!!!

Bye bye Maemo-Meego-Nokia. I'm a vintage computer's collector: at least, I purchased one of the biggest failures in gadgets' history, and BOXED!!! In a few years, I will LOOOOVE my N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to rpgAmazon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
i meant that Nokia N900 maemo5 is a dead end project by Nokia even it is not going to either run MeeGO it will getting a small benefit from meego indirectly. But once the MEEGO device is announced! N900 will be soon forgotten by Nokia. The sofware running on MeeGo may not 100% compatible to N900 why? because it will be different hardware base on my assumption. Newer device will get hardware upgrade and more powerful CPU and capacitive multi touch. N900 doesn't support multitouch, so why would developer write an app on N900 when the official MeeGo is released?.
Err... if you look at the goal of MeeGo, it's not going be ran on any specific hardware definition. Windows 7 Mobile Series (I find that a odd name) and the iPhone both dictate the hardware used for the OS. In Apple's case, they make the hardware and OS. In Microsoft's case they've laid out rules for what hardware the device must have to run the OS.

Meego on the other hand is like Android, it can be put on nearly any device with any configuration of hardware. Thus just because the next Nokia device may have a capacitative multi-touch screen doesn't mean another MeeGo device will. Thus any developer that says writes only software that uses multi-touch will find their market limited, than if they wrote software that could use multi-touch and say a resistive input also. Or a keyboard control scheme.

But that's the issue Android is having right now anyway.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: