Active Topics

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
No known way around this at the moment, flotron is in the same boat ;/
I recently found that my n9 wasn't unlocked correctly.
I'm going to contact some service if they can unlock it well this time

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Hmmm just saw that kickstart now drags in maps app.

Not tested image yet, but isGPS working on N9 now? If so does this also means GPS works in nemo?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by flotron View Post
I recently found that my n9 wasn't unlocked correctly.
I'm going to contact some service if they can unlock it well this time
Look at this: https://www.facebook.com/notes/nokia...87082331405479

Some simlocked's users report success with this method.

Last edited by gdelca5; 2013-12-11 at 23:31.

Originally Posted by flip1199 View Post
doing this on harmattan. Tried that and got argument invalid
Hmm, to be honest, if you have extracted the sailfish image onto /dev/mmcblk0p4 i.e. the mounted /sailfish partition, you can just exit terminal and turn off harmattan and reboot into sailfish assuming you have ubiboot/moslo installed.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by arthurartoria View Post
Hi, guys. I have finished flashing sailfish and installing multiboot. THe sailfish is workable, but now I cannot boot into the harmattan. Here is ubiboot.log. Anyone could help me? Thank you so much.
please keep ubiboot related question in ubiboot thread to not repeating same/similar questions here!

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by danielcbit View Post
Has any one got the power management to work correctly, or is getting the same kind of problems?
Thanks!
The new battery status stuff in Sailfish doesn't work properly (yet) with the Contextkit BME plugin for the N9/50.

Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Hmm, to be honest, if you have extracted the sailfish image onto /dev/mmcblk0p4 i.e. the mounted /sailfish partition, you can just exit terminal and turn off harmattan and reboot into sailfish assuming you have ubiboot/moslo installed.
I installed moslo but skipped ubiboot as i'm running windows. Do I need to install ubiboot?

Originally Posted by flip1199 View Post
I installed moslo but skipped ubiboot as i'm running windows. Do I need to install ubiboot?
No. As long as you have extracted sailfish, just reboot the handset and boot into sailfish

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by RXShorty View Post
Not a problem... I have tried it from a Windows machine after I succesfully did it on my Ubuntu system.
Windows failed, couldn't fix all steps.

Good luck!
Hello.

Good news! I have finally done it. Sailfish is finally installed in my phone.
But I think there seems to be some slight problems or bugs (i think..).

Firstly, whenever I tried to make a call to somebody, my screen goes blank but I still can hear the dialing tone.
While the screen is blank, I can't end my call until the receiver ends it.
It is a real pain when the call goes to the voice-mail because there is no way I can end the call.
The only way to end the call is by powering off the phone by holding the power button.

This problem also occurred when I receive calls. While my phone is ringing, I can't answer it due to the blank screen.
Tried pressing the button once hoping for the screen to light up or something but it failed.

Lastly, the same problem also occurs when my alarm goes off. I can hear the alarm but I can't disable it.
I must wait for the alarm to end by itself then I can disable it in the alarm menu.

Only when the call ended and the alarm stopped, I can press the power button to light up the screen.
And then, I can do whatever I want on it.

I almost forgot, there is also a slight problem where in Sailfish, to end apps, we must swipe from the top to bottom.
But mine is different. I must swipe from right to the left to end apps. Weird huh?

Idk, if the way I installed Sailfish is correct or wrong that is making this bugs to appear.
But one thing for sure, I have followed all the instructions given step by step. Hope you can help me with this.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to qu3 For This Useful Post:
@qu3

How did you get it to work using windows?

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish