Notices

The last one is an easy question "soon". Mzanetti is waiting for the last translations to come in (which will probably be tomorrow evening), and afterwards it will (probably) be send in for store approval.

So I can't promise anything about you're bug. Maybe it will already be fixed in the currently going to be released version, maybe not.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Here you go: http://notyetthere.org/?p=140

Edit: Xbmcremote 1.2 released ^^

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-08-23 at 23:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
FIR...

I thought the URL was some kind of joke Which would lead to a countdown when it would be released.

So, onwards to the 1.3 release.
Which features do you, the users, want next? Which must still be Eden compatible of course.

Edit:
It's a shame I will not use this release, all those changes sound great. Improved battery life, who doesn't want that?

Last edited by RobertMe; 2012-08-23 at 12:00.

I'd really like the ability to browse folders, like in the android xbmc program... I have too many things that aren't catalogued (camcorder videos, etc.)

You can enable the file browser by pressing the Music/Video "button" on the main screen for a while. This opens a menu where you can select "Show files". This will put the that section (Music/Video) in the file browser mode. So when you click it afterwards it shows the folders and files.

Hi

thanks for the update. Testing it now.
I think I would like to have is the ability to hide media now available, for instance I don't have music videos, so that section always shows empty. It would be cool if no media was found, just hide that section in the browser.

thanks!

Hi,

Hiding menu items is kind of impossible. To hide the items the app would first need to query XBMC, which then returns all items in the category, only to see if the 'category' is empty. Another thing is that an item could be hidden automatically, but you run a library scan afterwards and items get added but because the category is hidden you can't open it again.

I'm also wondering why you would need the empty categories to be hidden. As it are maximal 3 items, which always fit on the screen, so there is already no need to scroll.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Eindhoven, NL
Xbmcremote is really awesome. An XBMC app that goes beyong the usual control interface and implements things like muting on phone call, etc. Brilliant! I have been happily using it for months... thanks for this.

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post

So, onwards to the 1.3 release.
Which features do you, the users, want next? Which must still be Eden compatible of course.
The main thing for which I still have to turn on the TV and/or use AWXi (a web interface) and I do this very often: start playing (music) playlists, in order or even more in party mode. Also because one has to use music playlists to be able to tune in to webradio (i.e. a playlist that contains an URL), playlists are important to me.

I've been helping out with AWXi development to enable playing/party mode of playlists, but I recall that the API is a bit unsufficient or requires some hacks. I am not completely sure as AWXi uses a mix of the HTTP and JSON API still. Maybe in pre-frodo things are looking better.

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Hi,

Hiding menu items is kind of impossible. To hide the items the app would first need to query XBMC, which then returns all items in the category, only to see if the 'category' is empty. Another thing is that an item could be hidden automatically, but you run a library scan afterwards and items get added but because the category is hidden you can't open it again.

I'm also wondering why you would need the empty categories to be hidden. As it are maximal 3 items, which always fit on the screen, so there is already no need to scroll.
Hi

I understand it's complicated. It's no big deal, as you said just one more category, but since it's empty for me I was wondering if it was easy to remove.

thanks,

Originally Posted by paulvt View Post
The main thing for which I still have to turn on the TV and/or use AWXi (a web interface) and I do this very often: start playing (music) playlists, in order or even more in party mode. Also because one has to use music playlists to be able to tune in to webradio (i.e. a playlist that contains an URL), playlists are important to me.

I've been helping out with AWXi development to enable playing/party mode of playlists, but I recall that the API is a bit unsufficient or requires some hacks. I am not completely sure as AWXi uses a mix of the HTTP and JSON API still. Maybe in pre-frodo things are looking better.
Thanks for the input I just had a quick look at the wiki page which describes the JSON API of Eden and I think it might be possible. But will need to run some tests later on to see if Playlist.GetPlaylists actually does what I think it does. As playlists are a bit "strange" implemented IMHO. I also never used playlists (and I think mzanetti also didn't use them, as I guess otherwise he would already have implemented it), so I need to investigate how they work in XBMC and of couse how the API works.

This might also be a nice chance to do some other "playlist related" changes. As some might have noticed a "feature" has been removed in the 1.2 version. Previously you could add some items to the playlist, stop the playlist, go back to "now playing" and open the playlist again to select an item to play. When I disabled the "now playing" page when nothing was playing mzanetti already noted it would remove that feature and we had some discussion about maybe implementing a shortcut to the last playlist (skipping the now playing page). So if we're going to create a list of saved playlists which you can select from we could just as well reenable the old feature. And my bet would be the unsaved music and video playlists will already be part of Playlist.GetPlaylists.