Poll: Do you like EasyList?
Poll Options
Do you like EasyList?

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
There's been a lot of requests for multi-list support. I've added this functionality and you can get it from Extras-Devel. It's still a bit experimental, hence that's why it's in Extras-Devel. I'm working with it to see if the work-flow is easy enough. I'm planning to add notifications, but it's not in this version yet. It will arrive in the next I hope.
Until then you can use the multi-list functionality, but without any notifications as to what has happened.

There is a distinction between your current loaded list and the lists saved. You have to see the saved lists as templates. Once you've loaded such a template and you edit the list by adding items and you save the newly added items it IS NOT saved to the template you've loaded.

In extras-develop.

easylist (0.3.15) unstable; urgency=low

* Support for multiple lists.
* Changed order of menu items.

-- Willem Liu <willem.liu@gmail.com> Tue, 07 Sep 2010 13:56:12 +0200

Last edited by Willem Liu; 2010-10-21 at 06:56.

In Extras-Devel.

easylist (0.3.16) unstable; urgency=low

* Fixed minor bug. Switching to Lists... view didn't save current list item states.
* Added notification when saving list as template.

-- Willem Liu <willem.liu@gmail.com> Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:19:00 +0200

Great addition, thanks for the multiple list support. I requested that as well. Another request - user option to have the clear selected button visible or perhaps a user confirmation so that I don't accidentally clear my list. I create a shopping list and like to keep that for my next trip to the store.

The Following User Says Thank You to manavs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by manavs View Post
Great addition, thanks for the multiple list support. I requested that as well. Another request - user option to have the clear selected button visible or perhaps a user confirmation so that I don't accidentally clear my list. I create a shopping list and like to keep that for my next trip to the store.
I will create a pop-up confirmation for the clear selected items button in the next version.

Originally Posted by manavs View Post
The confirmation dialog is now available since version 0.3.18 and newer.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I use this app almost on a daily base. I definitely like it a lot, but I am no fan of the current concept of the template multi-list. Opening another list overwrites my current items etc.
Any plans to make items really belong to a list, so you can switch between lists and then edit their related items?

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I use this app almost on a daily base. I definitely like it a lot, but I am no fan of the current concept of the template multi-list. Opening another list overwrites my current items etc.
Any plans to make items really belong to a list, so you can switch between lists and then edit their related items?
Hi thanks for your comment. I haven't been developing for quite some time now and in the meantime PR 1.3 has come out and the new Qt SDK. I have to learn how to package the debian files again. But when I'm all into it again (which could take quite a bit of time) then I'll rethink the multiple list functionality.

Hi Ade,

I've implemented a functionality that the changes you've applied to the list will be saved under the selected list name automatically. That way you can just switch lists without the problem of forgetting to save the current list.
HOWEVER I can't upload it to Extras-Develop yet, because I'm getting tons of compiler errors from the AutoBuilder which I have no clue of why they occur.
So I'm still looking for a fix
Bare with me

Hi Ade,

There is a new version 0.3.22 in the Extras-Develop repository now. I would suggest you wait until it's available in the Extras-Testing repository. The main change is that once you've saved your list under a specific name any change to that list is automagically saved in the list under that name.
When you switch between lists then any changes to the selected list will be automagically saved under the loaded list name as well.

Regards,

Willem Liu

In Extras-Develop.

easylist (0.3.22) unstable; urgency=low

* Now the list is also saved under its list name.

-- Willem Liu <willem.liu@gmail.com> Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:17:23 +0100

Tags
shoppinglist