Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Does anyone not like or not want to install PR1.2 based on what they have heard about the outlaw version? It seems to me to be pretty solid, and I will install the official version as soon as it is available. I haven't seen any significant drawbacks to the outlaw version except (1) it is an outlaw version, (2) it might be a bit outdated, and (3) it is difficult to go back if you don't like the outlaw version. I didn't install it myself, though I did download it.
I'm looking forward to it. It does sound quite nice; and has some nifty things I'd like such as the ability to rearrange my menu.

TBH though: I'm anxiously awaiting the MeeGo that I thought was supposed to be released this month that includes a UI.

If MeeGo beats PR1.2 I may never get to use it.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

i wonder how much people would pay for pr 1.2 if nokia decides to put a price on it for the update lol

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Thanks for that link, that's the 7th blog that's embeded my video! =D

Come on Engadget!
I have a personal heroes list of people I personally think have done particularly great service to the community, and you are on it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Thanks for that link, that's the 7th blog that's embeded my video! =D

Come on Engadget!
Good thing Nokia doesn't prosecute like a small fruit company I know.

Why are you so insecure that you need the advice of others to make a decision for yourself?

If you want to install the damn thing, install the damn thing. If not, then don't. You're obviously aware of the risks involved, and if you think the benefits will outweigh any possible consequences, then you've made up your mind.

The girls on the bed, you're out of rubbers, make your choice sir.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
That is awesome.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

we'll b closer to 4000 as soon as it gets merged.. yayy

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
i wonder how much people would pay for pr 1.2 if nokia decides to put a price on it for the update lol
Interesting idea; I think the uproar would be too much. People would ask why they should pay to get their phone to work properly.

I wouldn't say that, because my N900 works superbly already. Maybe I would pay for an update.

In general, I try to fund improvements in the N900 even though I don't have much money. I bought that wallpaper program, called Prism, I think, I bought the great stand made by Fake, even though I really don't use it almost at all. When Lcuk had a sort of fund drive, I donated some money.

I mean, anyone who has paid well over $400 for a phone should consider kicking in a few extra bucks to encourage the great community here -- and the greatest part of the community, IMHO, is not the OFFICIAL community, but the independent people who just start doing great things on their own.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Excellent.

I think it's high time we start a thread to collect and showcase all the analogies used in tmo.

Plenty of gems to be found.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
poo poo 1.2, pr 1.2, why am i here?