Some users of n900 have a problem pressing Reject button instead of Answer. Especially when they operate by one hand or in gloves.
In portrait mode those buttons are split horizontally so many people accidentally press Reject button.

Here is a bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5982

Here is a brainstorm link http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...reject_buttons

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-27 at 13:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZeeD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thanks for your work and the mockup of the UI changes. It illustrates very good what you want.

But there is already a Brainstorm for this issue. Here is the TALK

It belongs not only to the problem with calls, but also to events like alarms and alearts (at example from the calendar).

In my opinion we have not only a problem with calls, we have a problem with all events that unlock the device itself!

Would you add your Idea's there or shoult we keep up several Brainstorms for each Application?
Could a Moderator merge this?

I would love a Device wide solution more than a totally different handling on application level.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2010-01-19 at 21:35.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
In my opinion we have not only a problem with calls, we have a problem with all events that unlock the device itself!

Would you add your Idea's there or shoult we keep up several Brainstorms for each Application? Could a Moderator merge this?
I agree with you that there is a problem with unlocked device during incoming calls/events and I would like to have a SWIPE option to answer/reject a call instead of present UI.

I made that brainstorm because Nokia do not want to change device behaviour/UI so may be Nokia will make some better usability for their users of n900?

You can add those "solution pictures" from my brainstorm to yours as the owner and then I will delete my brainstorm or just add those "solution pictures" and leave my brainstorm as a separate instance, but before that it would be nice/helpful to hear a word from Nokia developers on those brainstorms:)

Yes, I know. A Slider would be perfect. I hope we could get a fast solution.

But it should be possible to easily silent a call. (with a big and large Button) - Imagine, you're sitting in a meeting or in a cinema and you need 3 try's to cancel the call. It's even harder to swipe (or wipe) a Button on the touchscreen instead of only touch it.

For the two Brainstorms:
It should be possible for you to add your own solution on the Brainstorm from a other person.
You can simply try it. If it fails, it is simple to edit or delete it. (for you, I can't edit or delete the Ideas from a other person)

I would propose (your Ideas are very similar) summarize your 2 Solution to one "just enlarge the space between the 2 Buttons" with 2 examples how it could be implemented. (please use smaller images)
But I'm afraid. This wouldn't help when you have to pull your Device somewhere out.
It's only a small workaround. But not really a solution.
If you want I can do this for you. But it is still your Idea, so it could be better when you do it yourself.

If you satisfied with the migration you could delete the 2 solutions on your Brainstorm and edit the Headline with a redirection Link to the other (generic) Brainstorm.

It would be nice to hear the opinion from a Moderator. Is it okay to keep a Brainstorm with a redirection link?

Ok, lets wait some time for a Moderator's opinion on how to merge 2 brainstorms and leave one of these as a link to another brainstorm.
If nobody answer you will just add my pictures as an another solution for your brainstorm and I will leave my brainstorm with the link to yours.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZeeD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZeeD View Post
Ok, lets wait some time for a Moderator's opinion on how to merge 2 brainstorms and leave one of these as a link to another brainstorm.
If nobody answer you will just add my pictures as an another solution for your brainstorm and I will leave my brainstorm with the link to yours.
Here we've got two answers: Flandry (Moderator) Texrat (Council *g )

Summary: "Do and decide it yourself."

So, please have a look on Solution #5. Is this acceptable? Do you want something changed?

When you add a redirection link. Please ensure everyone can find it fast.

Thanks Helmuth, take a look please
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...eject_buttons/
Is it ok for a redirection to your brainstorm?
Feel free to add/edit this brainstorm.

The Solution #5 in your brainstorm is very good, thank you for your consideration

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
I understood "Solution #1: swipe for a action" is a WONTIX from Nokia, why is it still present as a solution?

Another workaround would be the call / calendar / alarm to trigger secondary event that would superpose a simple slider or a two points consecutive press.
What do you say?

Originally Posted by ZeeD View Post
Thanks Helmuth, take a look please
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...eject_buttons/
Is it ok for a redirection to your brainstorm?
Feel free to add/edit this brainstorm.

The Solution #5 in your brainstorm is very good, thank you for your consideration
Sorry ZeeD, I missed this post.

I don't think it is good enought. It's not clearly visible that the Brainstorm is closed and merged with a other one. A posibility could be a simple deletion of this Brainstorm. But I would prefer a clear visible redirection and a statement at the top. There are several Links here in this Forum and at Maemo Bugs pointing to this Brainstorm here. With a deleted Brainstorm the other users wouldn't find the new one.

I want to delete Solution #3 when we finished a good redirection. :-)

Originally Posted by onutz View Post
I understood "Solution #1: swipe for a action" is a WONTIX from Nokia, why is it still present as a solution?
Hello onutz,

I think you mean the other, merged Brainstorm.

I answered your post here in the correct Thread.