Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Actually, if you need a tablet for a specific purpose, this is EXACTLY what you should do. In fact, you probably should never have contributed to this campaign in the first place.

-- There is no guarantee when (or if) the tablet will ever arrive (as we are seeing). This is true of any crowdfunding campaign.

-- This is a unique, low-volume device provided by a company with a limited record of hardware design. Quality of the device is _not_ assured.

-- Sailfish is a mobile OS just now getting off the ground. Apps are limited, bugs are likely.

This is really a device meant for people comfortable with dealing with bleeding-edge technology, and the problems that come along with it...
Wait what? That's not bleeding tech. Bleeding tech should never mean buggy. Especially if it aims to replace something, otherwise why would you exchange something where bugs already fixed to something where they even not found — isn't it called reinventing the wheel?
Edit:
my point is bleeding edge is to improve old tech. It can be buggy, but as any mature software can still have bugs. But everytime we associate bleeding tech with bugs and it's not right and not as should be. So it's not even an excuse
Edit end
And stop with limited resources and blah blah blah about campaigns. Yes, there are few shady failures, but there are a lot of examples of people doing it properly with less resources.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Some update on the Spreadsheet that might include mild privacy concerns.
Thanks to Prometheus and VlaoMaos effort we now have a reliable and easy to access source for IGG backer number.
Unifying both spreadsheets could associate your enterd username (maybe TMO/TWTR/TJC) with your realname if provided in the IGG Backer.txt.

I ran a loose regular expression assisted injection to link backer.txt and the spreadsheet for users that gave similar names in both sheets.

Everyone affected please check and notice me if you are concerned, i will anonymize or delete your records instantly on your command.

Anyone intersted in completing his record with IGG# nevertheless, may also ping me again (pm or tabletpre at mosushi dot com), i'll gladly update.

My proposal for anonymization would be changing your given username to the backer.txt igg# number only, as this is public on IGG site already.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by att View Post
After some thinking I don't think that is the second wave. It is more plausible some of the invited people from the first wave didn't complete their orders and now Jolla has released the reservations of those tablets and offered the tablets to the people next in line.
Doesn't make much sense to me as not even all who did complete their orders from the 1st wave of invitations have got their tablets yet. Wouldn't it make sense to "release reservations" only after the first wave has been processed? I mean those who ordered immediately on Sept. 22nd.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Doesn't make much sense to me as not even all who did complete their orders from the 1st wave of invitations have got their tablets yet.
I think that is due different models (32 vs 64 GB). My guess is that in the first run they only produced 64 GB models.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ finland
Should the order status change from Paid to something else when the tablet is shipped? I paid the taxes on mine 22/9 and haven't heard anything since.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wepjo View Post
Should the order status change from Paid to something else when the tablet is shipped? I paid the taxes on mine 22/9 and haven't heard anything since.
According to attah at TJC status changes from paid to shipped in the store. There has been reports that it might take a day or two for the status to update after the tablet has been shipped.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by wepjo View Post
This isn't pretty. We are still waiting for completion of first batch.

Contact jolla helpdesk.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
What OTG peripherals are supported? Could DVB-T/T2 miniature USB OTG TV tuner work with the tablet ? http://www.blackgold.tv/portfolio-item/pc-tv/

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by tangent View Post
What OTG peripherals are supported? Could DVB-T/T2 miniature USB OTG TV tuner work with the tablet ? http://www.blackgold.tv/portfolio-item/pc-tv/
There should certainly be no trouble with the hardware. Whether there exists software support for the device, however, is the question. I'm not sure there is good Linux support for Blackgold devices... They do seem to have a Linux driver, but no clue how well it works.

I am so excited for this thing to arrive. I almost bought an n810 to tide me over.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund