Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

fu.... 1.2

1. cant scan for my MP3s on memory card
2. cant see pictures from camera (there is no file to see) Destination direcotry is on MMC. Can download files to PC from card
3. uninstalling software last 3 times longer than on 1.1

HOW TO COME BACK TO 1.1????

Yes, I flashed it myself. File integrity is complete, device health is excellent, it is exactly as PR1.2 was intended: poor.

The media player is faulty and launches after any phone call is missed, ruining silent mode completely until I can be bothered to go in and mess about with the sys files. Basically... nothing noticeable (from an everyday point of view) added, a few features broken and the battery life seems to be a lot worse now. Presumably the development kernel never left the development phase as this seems to be where the majority of bugs are arising from.

And kendy if you want PR 1.1.1 (latest) back you will have to flash it manually yourself, downloading the 1.1.1 BIN file from the nokia-dev website at http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php after enetering the IMEI number found by entering *#06# into the phone dialling pad.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Morning,

Firstly my apologies for another I cant do it post but................

I followed a link on here about how to manually reflash and upgrade to 1.2 but when I moved the files into the flasher program it moved them across as media files!! (VLC)

Am I correct in assuming that the .bin file is a linux extension???? If so what program do I need to add to my PC to get the files in the correct format? Everytime I try and reflash it starts my media player.

Thanks in advance.

TWU

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2