Notices

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I've been using batterygraph well for some time. It now shows no data.

The database statistics are:

Database file size: 831 KB
Table battery statistics: 0 records
First Entry:
LastEntry:

How do I repair or reset the database?

Thanks

Hello? Anyone? Please help.

Uninstalling and re-installing was no help.

The database appears to be in the /home/user/.BatteryGraph/BatteryGraphDB.sqlite file. I would expect the application to recreate it if you delete it, though I cannot promise it will do so.

You should verify first that you have an /opt/BatteryGraph/bin/BatteryGraphd process running. As far as I can tell, it is the one responsible with updating the database although I don't know how it gets started on boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to wotevah For This Useful Post:
well, I just renamed the two files (BatteryGraphDB.sqlite and BatteryGraphDB.sqlite-journal to *.org.

I started the program and I see a new "sqlite" file but not the "journal" file. I have /home/user/BatteryGraph open in CuteExplorer and I've seen "journal" pop in for a fraction of a second a few times. Maybe that's where the problem is?

BatteryGraph/DB Statistics now says:
Database file size: 5KB
Table battery statistics: 0 records
First entry:
Last entry:

Still NO joy.

:-(

The journal file is temporarily created by sqlite when making changes to the database. That you had one lying around means that whoever was making changes (probably the BatteryGraphd process) has crashed before at some point.

That you have no records means the BatteryGraphd is not running. Try rebooting the device to see if it starts of its own accord. I suppose if that doesn't work you can try starting it manually (as user not root) with
sh -c /opt/BatteryGraph/bin/BatteryGraphd &

I hadn't tried anything for the last few days.

I ran the XTerm command, and it's working. But I think one of my many earlier reboots fixed it, as the database says the first record is 2010 Aug 6 ay 06:03

Oh welll :-)