Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
IMHO, in 5 years you might think very differently.
Who are you to say that mobile will be the way of the future for MICROSOFT in particular? I may think differently about some things, but I maintain that using the Metro interface, and the Windows mobile division (as it had existed and currently exists) as the failure that it has proven itself out to be, as the new template for the company is a critical, massive failure.

Their desktop and games divisions were vastly more popular and capable than anything their mobile division has ever provably done. To you point: the XBOX division in particular has been a wild success and now, this year, they've had to undo all of their heretofore successful efforts to instead replace them with Microsoft's wildfire failure, the Metro interface and apps ecosystem. The implementation, to my experience to far, is far from desirable and I'm finding it tedious, shameful (especially the tiny cover-art) and uncomfortable. I'm finding most comments flying around the web seem to agree with that assessment, but I've not yet seen a more objective poll from diverse opinions.

How much longer do I need to wait to feel differently? Hasn't it already been well over a year since the metro crap came out on the phones? Why would I feel any more differently about a Microsoft push of Metro in 4 more years when everybody else is already out-qualifying them on every level from innovation to ecosystem to intuitiveness and so on?

I remain skeptical of Microsoft's future while Balmer is in charge. The same points could be raised for Nokia now, too, and the evidence is in their decreasing sales, popularity and market share. Even the old Microsoft-faithful are converting to other platforms.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I posted this on Google+ but it's worth re-posting here:

Apple's trying hard to give Androids tickets and fines for their breakneck speed of success. Microsoft's getting desperate and annoyed, and has been simply driving angry and expressing aggressive driving as the Androids speed by. Nokia simply smokes a blunt made from all the money they USED to make, billowing smoke out the windows, driving slow and watches everyone drive past.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Got a Google/Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2. So far... incredibly silky smooth and wonderful with my ONLY complaint being the lack of USB filesystem support to mount the phone's filesystem. But then, it support MTR and THAT works great on it (as much as MTR support SUCKS in Linux) and allows me to still use and access information on the internal /sdcard path on the handset without needing to be all careful about how I mount or unmount the phone and worrying about corrupting the filesystem like all other devices I've ever had (Nokia N800 included). On the other hand, I find myself instead using File Expert to move files around from my computers to the handset (using SFTP or SMB/CIFS) and to explore around the filesystem anyway.

All that aside... wwwwwow the screen is... amazing! INCREDIBLE contrasts, seems to be more or less about the same on battery life as my old Droid (which was pretty good unless I was using it heavily) except unless I'm using 4G--in which case my battery SUDDENLY drains incredibly fast even if I have perfect reception. I also noticed that my one HUGE complaint about the Droid doesn't appear to be the case anymore: phone call sound quality is VASTLY better! The front-facing camera works EVERYWHERE now. I've successfully used it in everything from Skype (which was already working well on my Galaxy Tab's front camera) to Google Talk to the camera apps (MANY seem to support switching between them--even apps that I didn't realize had support for that) and so on.

On the whole--Pretty damned good! The performance and Google's personal, long-lasting support and dedication to their Nexus line (i.e. http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html instead of waiting for Verizon) made this worth it, I think. We'll see what time reveals for me but it's thus far been an excellent upgrade from my now over 2-years old Droid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
I know there was already some rumor posts about the SGS 3, but heck, whats one more

http://9to5google.com/2011/12/28/sam...l-at-mwc-2012/

OK so I took apart the Magic Pen for the HTC Flyer to see what is inside. To see what creates the magic of the magic pen. The pen is made by N-Trig and it is a very simple piece of circuitry surrounded by an Aluminum casing and powered by a battery. I mistook the aluminum casing for the circuitry. There are two pieces of circuitry and 3 pieces that make up the aluminum casing. It is fairly easy to take everything apart just unscrew everything, but I warn you BE CAREFUL because doing this can cause the two pieces of plastic that makes up the buttons can fall out easily and putting the plastic buttons back in is a pain in the *** process involving tweezers and close attention to detail, do this at your own risk bla bla I take no responsibility. However dissembling the pen fixes problems like pen skipping, vectoring, pen inaccuracy, and hovering.
the process of taking the pen apart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or6uuI2XYow
The larger part of the Aluminum Housing

The Pen Tip which is part of the circuitry

The plastic which makes up the buttons for the pen

the main circuitry of the pen

the pen cap

AAAA battery

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
I know there was already some rumor posts about the SGS 3, but heck, whats one more

http://9to5google.com/2011/12/28/sam...l-at-mwc-2012/
Here's "just another one" xD

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
My prediction:

Galaxy S III:
Android 4.0.2 ICS (with TouchWizz v5) - updatable to Android 5.0 JellyBean

4.5" SAMOLED HD
with 1280 x 720 resolution and Lotus Glass

1.5 GHz Exynos 4412 (32nm QuadCore A9)
2GB LPDDR2 (Dual Channel) and Mali T604
2,000mAh removable battery

12MP Rear Lens (face, smile detection, geotagging, panorama, dual led)
2MP Front-facing camera

32GB NAND with microSD slot (upto 64GB)
Wifi bgn, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
aGPS, compass, barometre
gyro, light sensor, proximity sensor

Updated styling (no Navi-buttons etc etc)
124 x 67 x 8.5 (mm)
110-125g
Optional HSPDA+ and LTE versions
Pricing: $200 USA, $900 Samsung, $700 International
Due (late) Q2 '12

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
just found this on The Verge, might be interesting for us NITdroid users too; 50gb free online storage space:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/23/28...e-android-deal

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RX-51 For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily

I couldn't resist

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
We've ascended into higher operating systems.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy