Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Do you really think that keep complaining will improve the situation?
Do you really think that people at Jolla are playing an evil game and do their best to annoy non-FIN people?
Do you really think that they are not making their best to have all pre-ordered phones to be delivered at max speed?

What would be their interest? Really, what do you think? I am clueless about all this ranting. Ok you are waiting. Ok logistics is what is : maybe not that easy to deal with posting through international. First time that they actually do it! FIRST TIME.

I really hope that they do not read all those posts...

PS: that does not mean that I am not reading all those posts because I am eagerly waiting for mine and for any info but it is even more frustrating to see all those crying with almost nothing to write.
Most of people here have given helluva lot of slack to Jolla during the last two years. We have also given them quite a bit of money. We get that they are small.They are learning along the way. I don't expect them to have everything down to perfection.

But I do expect them to stick to things that they have promised and, most of all, be honest in their communication. Admit mistakes instead of making changes without explanation.It can't be all this *JOLLA2gether' hash tags, Marc in tears tellling how amazing their fans are, community is greatest thing since sliced bread with diamond fillings, and so on, if rest of their communication is hiding behind semantic differences like some american mega-corp relations experts. Mixed messages.

Now, please contimue with your fanboi hissy fit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Marc Dillon twitter
‏@MarcDillonDotFi
Jolla is all hands on shipping and SW updates. Sorry there have been issues, but we really care and are doing everything possible. <3 #jolla

Jolla
Jolla ‏@JollaHQ

Shipments of EU and FIN pre-orders are well underway and continue as quickly as possible. DNA sales begin this week with a limited supply.
Pre-bookers have a guaranteed device awaiting them. We will serve every single one.

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2013-12-10 at 15:09.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Marc Dillon twitter

Jolla
So, there is still hope for a happy Christmas then.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Hi all,

I know I can't answer everyone's questions and complaints here, but we are really doing *everything* we can to ship these beloved Jolla phones to you. The logistics with shipping in volumes is crazy and complicated, I'm learning everyday new info and challenges (and I'm not even directly involved in the shipping). And speaking of challenges, we did have some unforeseen hiccups occur, which are being fixed and we're getting things mostly back on track. There may be some slight delay (at least delay from our initial plans) and perhaps even in some cases mix-ed up priority order, but please be rest assured that we are focusing on getting the pre-orders fulfilled as fast as humanly possible (we are humans! despite the rumours... )

If you've made your purchases by 2-Dec, we're sticking stamps on your packages right now. Since that takes up all our resources of hands and tongues, we may not have been as responsive as usual with tweets, irc replies, forum posts, emails, calls, texts, .... However with our eyes and ears open we do hear your concerns and we're working on improving communications. Hopefully you'll start receiving more responses through the official channels, but I thought I'd write something here as one on both sides of the story - I have made my pre-orders (for my parents in Taiwan) and having some webshop issues as well. So I understand the frustration you're facing, as well as the efforts on this side to fix the problems and enable everyone to have a happy Christmas.

DNA has been a supportive partner, however we can't expect them to hold back their sales indefinitely for us. They will start limited sales tomorrow and if my info is correct, they will attend to the pre-order pick-ups first.

"The expected delivery time is 3-4 weeks from completing the purchase." still stands.

I'm not writing on behalf of Jolla the company, but perhaps on behalf of my co-workers (if they allow me to), the amazing individuals who are facing and overcoming incredible challenges, and for whom I have so much respect... Thank you all for your continued understanding and patience. It may sound cliche, but it is heartfelt - we appreciate you and we could not have made this far without your support!

With gratitude,
Carol.

The Following 118 Users Say Thank You to cybette For This Useful Post:
243kof, abyzthomas, aegis, almamo, asys3, att, benny1967, bertjefred, Brew, Bubbless, Bundyo, Casanunda, catbus, ck2nb, coley, cquence, cy8aer, czdosi, Daneel, davidoz, dcaliste, decibyte, DeeGee, dommau, duesselschorsch, eerde, ejjoman, Elleo, EmaNymton, encad, et3rnal, Eztran, Faz, ggabriel, hana, Hariainm, HolgerN, ibins, imaginaryenemy, Iryus, isto, jaark, jalyst, jamar, JiiHoo, jonquark, Jordi, judhaz, JulmaHerra, Kaacz, Kabouik, kollin, Larswad, Leinad, localhost, low, maluka, mariusmssj, mattaustin, Matti, MAX9, MaximilianJenius, max_power, mbo, mikecomputing, mikelima, minimos, Mitrigol, mkiol, Morpog, mousse04, mrsellout, N9uwu, nbedford, Nekron, nodevel, nsuffys, OVK, P@t, pipould, pycage, Quaddy, qwazix, Raim, rcolistete, rentze, rob_kouw, rrunner64, RX-51, sbock, seiichiro0185, Silwer, ste-phan, strongm, Stskeeps, szopin, szymeczek34, Thoke, tissot, toebaer, torcida, Tsippaduida, Tujutzki, v2px, Van-ess, Vaskinn, Venty, vgrade, vitaminj, w00t, Watchmaker, WilliePre, wout.martens, zamorph, ziller, zlatko, zwer, [Knuckles]
nice, this is a relief and am fingers crossed for 25th, as it is my main/sole present

Originally Posted by cybette View Post
If you've made your purchases by 2-Dec, we're sticking stamps on your packages right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Thanks for the update, Carol!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Tbh that's all we needed is a single message from Jolla and thank you Carol for the message Can't wait to get my Jolla

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to give an status update. It is much appreciated!

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WilliePre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by kpblxa View Post
Here we go ...

Originally Posted by Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 4m
We’ve had unplanned challenges in shipping. We’re truly sorry for the delay & working 24/7 on the shipments
No real surprise there, but nice to have some real feedback. And thanks to Carol for a little bit more info

Last edited by strongm; 2013-12-10 at 17:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Whee, just got mine, now how does this thing work...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post: