Ill be travelling to Europe in a week and was wondering if anyone can explain to me my options regarding chargers for the N810 ? Does the standard charger (with plug adapter) work in Europe ? What about on the plane - any way of using an airline adapter with the charger ? Or is there some other cord / adapter available ?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2006 @ Chicago,IL
http://www.boxwave.com/products/plug...ug-adapter.htm
or internat'l kit here
I ordered the kit before we went on our Mediterranean cruise. I forgot to bring it but, we charged up our devices on the ship which had US Spec outlets.
If you're a frequent flier you might also consider...
http://www.inflightpower.com/products.asp

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Buy a USB charger, a battery holder, 4 or 8 eneloop batteries, a USB to car adapter and a small universal battery charger. I just bought two packages, from CellPhoneShop - basically a cheap chinese redistributor.
I'd recommend DealExtreme, but basically get a small battery or crank kit and an adapter to go from a cigarette lighter to usb, thence from usb to your nokia charging port (not your usb port!!). The chargers come with multiple tips for various devices.
The small battery/crank kit would do well on the plane. The cigarette lighter to usb will do well wherever you can find a cigarette lighter and the plain usb wherever you can find a usb port,
WARNING - make sure tips and power are compatible (polarity etc.).
But now in a small space (with 4 eneloop AAA batteries) I've flexible charging solutions for both my Razr and my 810.
WARNING II - charging over usb is significantly slower! I let my 810 get down to "less than 1 hour left" and it's been charging (screen on, occasional usage) for 5 hours and only says it's good for 5 hours.
/edit - cost was $17 for all but batteries & charger, plus shipping.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Actually I have the Nokia USB charger cable already (I carry it and charge my N810 at work through my office computer). I also noticed that the official Nokia adapter says 100-240V so Im assumning that with the right plug adapter I should be able to use it in Europe (Spain to be specific). That leaves me with just the plane ride to deal with, so maybe those inflight adapters are the way to go.

Now, just need to worry about the iPod :-)

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
The Nokia charger works all over the world, you just need a plug adapter (Europe uses plugs with two round pins, except in GB).

For the plane, an extra battery should be sufficient. Personally, I also carry a small wifi router with me when on travel. Some hotels have ethernet plugs, but no wifi.

If you are travelling in Spain, you may want to check http://www.fon.com/en/ for wifi access. It is very popular over there.