Poll: SolarTOH, you want?
Poll Options
SolarTOH, you want?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2012 @ THESSALONIKI GREECE
No problem here.Its perfect.Thans dirkvl.

Just noticed the same behaviour regarding wireless signal

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Since there are already custom made solar panels in use, I was wondering if your manufacturer could add random patterns to it as described here to get 22% more efficiency:

and anyway, the more important takeaway here is that we should start nanopatterning our solar panels immediately. It just so happens that taking a mold of a Blu-ray disc is a cheap and easy way to get your hands on a good quasi-random nanopattern — but in the future, the patterning could be produced directly, without the Blu-ray intermediate.
This would be really great. :-)

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Received my today! Perfect fit, thank you very much..
But honestly, I was thinking that plastic should be clean-slick. Current plastic will catch all dust from anywhere, this material like a cloth.. :/

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Mhm... One thing I noticed only when I tried to take it off again: I can't. Or hardly can't. It took me 20min and two nail files to get the solar OH off my Jolla again. And I now have a crack in the phone.

Dirk, I suspect you put it on and off various times during development. Is there anything I'm missing?

woot got mine today! finally
happy man

and lol yeh, agreed with @schturman... its picking up dust better than my vacuum cleaner hahah

Going to hopefully more sunny location soon, will have some data to share. Any idea what are the effects of jolla with solarOH going through xray machine? Is it going to explode? Supercharge in 1 second? Get some super powers?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Mhm... One thing I noticed only when I tried to take it off again: I can't. Or hardly can't. It took me 20min and two nail files to get the solar OH off my Jolla again. And I now have a crack in the phone.

Dirk, I suspect you put it on and off various times during development. Is there anything I'm missing?
I find it works best if you start at the sides (in contrast to the Jolla OHs, where you start at the bottom).

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Can I ask a pair of dumb questions?

1) Presumably it doesn't do it any harm if I plug it in to a charger *and* leave it in the sun?

2) Is it significantly better for the life of the solar panel / electronics to not leave it in light that isn't strong enough to charge from? I.e. does it generate current all the time, and 'wear itself out', or will it only generate a current if there's enough to charge with, or is wearing it out not a significant worry?

<-- didn't study much electronics / physics

Thank you.

Last edited by MikeHG; 2014-12-20 at 13:16.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
1) Presumably it doesn't do it any harm if I plug it in to a charger *and* leave it in the sun?
Yes, that should not be an issue

Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
2) Is it significantly better for the life of the solar panel / electronics to not leave it in light that isn't strong enough to charge from?
Yes, if the voltage is just dancing around the trigger voltage, the phone does not really like it sometimes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post: