Active Topics

LOL, what a surprise!

Who could have guessed!

They are cutting the fat from the hips to fit the bride into the dress. After Annus Horribilis, Nokia needs to show some good numbers in drop of expenses. Then Elop's idiocracy can be disguised as a tough turn around to loose dead meat, and presented as an organization ready to start over, under new ownership.

This is what CFO's do, cut all and any expences to make the results look better. Elop is acting as a CFO more than a CEO, and he's preparing to sell Macromedia to Adobe sell before it's too late enter a strategic partnership with Microsoft anyone who's willing to buy some select partner well suited to augment Nokia's empty bank accounts weaknesses.

Interesting that McDowell is leaving. Wasn't she responsible for the S40 platform? I wonder if Nokia S40 will also be switched to Windows Phone.

I think McDowell was responsible for the Meltemi project.

Could be both. I've seen her talk about the next billion and S40 fairly often.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Could be both. I've seen her talk about the next billion and S40 fairly often.
Isn't that the same? Asha is sold to "the next billion" as we speak...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I would really like to see some anonymous Meego & Meltemi leaks and sources, just enough to even keep the user community alive.

F U to elop. All he did was grab all the money and set platforms on fire while ejaculating lubricant to prepare for the coming assrape.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
F U to elop. All he did was grab all the money and set platforms on fire while ejaculating lubricant to prepare for the coming assrape.
Why are you shooting the messenger instead of the people who got Nokia into the sad state it is now, making radical decisions and sacking people in thousands just to stay afloat?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

We all knew that this will happen. We can not trust nokia anymore.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Why are you shooting the messenger instead of the people who got Nokia into the sad state it is now, making radical decisions and sacking people in thousands just to stay afloat?
Probably because he/she likes his/her linux gadgets, and sees the choice of Nokia for Windows limiting the linux phone options in the future.

The problems Nokia has are numerous. They choose a radical option with windows, betting that it would solve the problems in the future.
Based on the demand for the current Lumia phones, i would say it probably put Nokia in a worse position (at least for 2012).
If they continued the Symbian/MeeGo course Nokia would also have huge problems. Sales would have slipped (probably not as much as with Lumia, but still), and they would have needed to develop all the software on their own.
Look at all the features in iOS6, I don't think Nokia could have matched those in their own operating systems in any competitive timeframe. Will Microsoft be able to do that? I doubt it, but we will see when the Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT arrive.

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories