Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
New suggestion for the queue of future improvements:
I love the possibility (and now reality) of having and working with our N900 in portrait mode. For me, it is one of the greatest features for end-user that CSSU brings. I'm using it more and more and now I hate to come back to landscape mode to open the physical keyboard to write anything.
According to portrait mode possibilities and incresing the friendliness of its usage, could it be possible to include an "always visible" icon to display at any screen the virtual keyboard in portrait mode? In my opinion it should be located namely in the status bar as it is always visible, close to the operator name where we have empty space. But maybe we cannot use that part of the satus bar to place new items so, alternatively, it could appear as an applet in the status menu.

Finally, Long life to Community and ... please, a lot of respect and gratitude for them!!! They are worth of heaven! (don't know if this correct in English)

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
im a big fan of portrait mode in N900 but I believe the corrupted conversations bug and better context menu pop up scheme is more important.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Hello, i'm kinda confused here.
When i connect to my WiFi (i almost don't use internet on my cellphone) updates start (the only reason i connect) and it says there is a CSSU community package update. But it says i have to do it using Nokia suite.
Now, i see last update on April 7, but i do remember an update i made some months ago.
żIs now another update and is not announced here or i'm getting something wrong?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
The new 'Operator Name Widget' doesn't seem to switch off properly when I disable Cell Broadcast. It keeps displaying stuff when I'm in 2G mode.

Edit: Ok, a reboot switched it off for good.

Edit 2: Btw, I would suggest renaming 'Operator Name Widget' to 'Cell Broadcast' or similar. Anyway, great work!

Last edited by foobar; 2012-06-13 at 21:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Hello,

I may have found a bug in hildon-desktop package from CSSU Stable (I have no idea if it is still present in CSSU Testing). It is connected with blacklisting apps when forcerotation = 1 is present in transitions.ini file - sometimes the function hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted returns "0" and sometimes "1", for the same window, which I think should not be right. I would be grateful if you could read my post in other thread (I don't want to post the same thing twice, so I'm just linking): http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=13 and comment on my results.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
This is nothing new, really.
Well this is the issue...

W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6713C33F3F027BB1

How to get that key?

EDIT: This happens when i try to update CSSU

EDIT2: Trying the apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr to see if it solves the issue.

EDIT3: It seems to have solved it.
May this be because of the custom operator name addon?

EDIT4: It seemed to be that. I installed it again and uninstalled community-pr...
Hope this dont mess with my phone (too much)

Last edited by RichardN900; 2012-06-14 at 02:06.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have the GPG error as well, did you force reinstall the pr ? did it work?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Running update again does of course not help and will give you the same error again.

Trying to import the key with:

Code:
sudo gainroot
(xxx Is the number public key - pubkey)

Code:
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Code:
gpg --export --armor "XXXXXXXXXX" | apt-key add -
Code:
apt-get update
That is all

I correct this error in this way when I had this problem.

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-06-14 at 07:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D@vIcHoJD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ philippines
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
@bugoy
why you are the only one flashed after updating !!!!!!! please if you dont trust and appreciate this great work dont try it
many thanks CSSU team
try my freind to delet the operator name using the fam you will see why i reflash my phone, i know this is good reason why i do that
gud am

Tags
cssu testing