Originally Posted by tso View Post
and for the record, i have gnumeric installed and working thanks to that little trick.

Are you refering to adding the catalog manually?

Catalog name: maemo Extras chinook
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
Distrbution: chinook
Components: free non-free

Can someone post the catalog's info for gnumeric? I want to double check if I have the right one.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ East of England
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
You're more than welcome to compile the MicroB svn, though, which definitely has more than a few improvements over the version shipped with Diablo.
After you said about compiling i when looking for a walkthrough and the info i wanted which i found quite easily . Had look at the changelog noticed

microb-engine (20080616-16) unstable; urgency=low

* Updated to trunk 20080626

-- Oleg Romashin <oleg.romashin@nokia.com> Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:38:16 +0300
Is that same as The Official Win32 20080626 Trunk build is out.

Am assuming it is? , going to have go compiling the SVN tomorrow

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
Anyone else having problems with Kagu media player on Diablo?

Mine keeps crashing and closing randomly. I'll have to give Canola a try.
Kagu is running just fine for me.

Ogg files work, sleep timer worked, and I've currently had it on for the past 3 hours...

I know the developers have slowed down considerably in their support of Kagu, especially since the Canola release. They're both good players, but Kagu is the one that I use on a regular basis. If they could fix a couple of minor bugs (e.g., Artists names that begin with a number don't appear on the artists lists), the experience would be complete for me.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I got some strange problem with Skype... I wasn't able to see the updated version and I tried to uninstall my old version to see if the new one will show up. Instead... I can not get the skype to show up in my installable applications list at all!

App manager log says "Ignoring version from wrong domain: skype-l10-dadk 1.7.113.22.2". There are several very similar lines that seem to point to some earlier skype versions... but bottom line I can not install it from Nokia repository. (Skype web site do not have the latest skype available for download, last time I checked.)

I have another tablet and that didn't have any problems on finding skype and installing it...

I tried to disable all but the very basic repositories with no help.

I have no idea what may be wrong... maybe I need to try to force the install using apt-get, but I haven't used that tool before... Would that work?
All of a sudden refreshed application list today and skype showed up! Just installed and working fine. I guess the repositories were messed up since I did not change any repository setting in my tablet. Go figure?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
All of a sudden refreshed application list today and skype showed up! Just installed and working fine. I guess the repositories were messed up since I did not change any repository setting in my tablet. Go figure?
well i guess we should all of been a little more pateint...

I finally got Gnumeric installed. I had to add 'chinook' to the Maemo Extras Devel catalogue.

I've now discovered a problem with Quiver. It installs OK, but I can't access my pics, which are in a folder on the SD card. When I click on the card, it won't open up to show the different folders. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Philadelphia
Anyone else battery life seen to have gone up? My battery meter with wifi on says 7 hours, where before it would say 4 hours.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
To people that have uninstalled rhapsody-installer, skype-installer, etc.
Have you noted it uninstall a package called osso-software-version-rx44 (or rx34)?

This package is very important for the following SSU updates, I think you shouldn't uninstall it. Simply delete the .desktop files.
You have got to be kidding me.

using tablet in these days , after Diablo upgrade, i 've noticed that the back part is more hot than before .
Anyone has the same feeling ?

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
hey glorybox check your wifi settings make sure there not on maximum transmit power...

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-06-27 at 10:53.