Notices

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If you can force yourself to read other messages than your own, you will see this comment:

"I will try to fix in a couple of days"

So someone is working on this app.
@geneven

there is absolutly no need for the sarcastic comments what so ever! I did read all the coments but I happened to miss a few words. forgive me for being human. IMO if you cant be constructive then dont comment. its a shame because this is usually a fantastic community.

I am really looking forward to the development of this application. thanks for the time and effort to contribute to the community

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Two things I have to say:

1- I never made the announce thread of this app, and the reason is simple: this app is not finished!

2- I'm still working on this wigdet, and of course you will get a full working version with more features, like icons order and vertical dockbars. The reason why it's not updated yet is because I made this app in my work and I don't have the time to do it at home. Tomorrow I'll go back to my work and try to make the app work as it should

So please stop making comments about it doesn't work until I make the announce thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
.... I made this app in my work and I don't have the time to do it at home. Tomorrow I'll go back to my work and try to make the app work as it should...
Funny, I made my apps at home, because I don't have time for that
when I am at work.

Where do you work :-)

Nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
i waited ten months before I finally bought an N900. I am grateful that people such as CepiPerez and all other developers are working on apps for our devices. I sit patiently until their work is done. Kudos to all for their amazing work, a fan in New York City !

The Following User Says Thank You to louiegoat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Al right guys
I made some big changes in the source code to make it work in a proper way.
Before add some features (like vertical dockbars and order icons) I will like you test the new version
You can download here.
It should appear in extras-devel too.

Please let me know how it works.
Regards

EDIT: new screenshot

Last edited by CepiPerez; 2010-11-24 at 20:10.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Great,wish icon turn when device turn to potrait mode(like drLaunch).
Thank-x

great improvement! thanks

shortcuts are remembered upon reboot, but once phone boots up, i still need to add the widget but it then pops up with the remembered settings and place on the homescreens. after the reboot though i dont seem to find the dockbar in the widget list when i go to add another dockbar on another homescreen. i mamages to add 3 then rebooted phone. now i am unable to add more. other than that this is a great app. thanks

Hi!! I'am very glad for the homescreen dockbar's update. It realy works great!!! Good job. Finally, we can have separate dockbars for each desktop, and if we restart the system, it still runs, you don't have to rearange..

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Al right guys
I made some big changes in the source code to make it work in a proper way.
Before add some features (like vertical dockbars and order icons) I will like you test the new version
You can download here.
It should appear in extras-devel too.
Looks great!

U plan to release this on extras-devel, I have made a homescreen widget too with Qt and I'm having huge problems making the pacakge work in the autobuilder. The builder passes fine, but the deb is not built properly. As a matter of fact there is no app in the deb after the autobuilder.

If you have any suggestions how to make a correct rules file for the autobuilder that it will build the widget ok. I think the problem is in that you should run qmake before make.
I have tried to solve the problem like this:
Code:
# Add here commands to compile the package.
    cd builddir && qmake-qt4 && $(MAKE)
But that does not pass the auto builder.
If i put it like this:
Code:
# Add here commands to compile the package.
    cd builddir && $(MAKE)
The autobuilder is passed fine, but no binary is created in the deb file.

I'm so out of suggestions. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Do you happen to know if it is possible to make a widget 'sticky' so that it doesn't scroll with the desktop? This is a sweet widget already but I've been hoping that someone found a way to create a dock that stays fixed on what ever edge of the screen I set it up.

Thanks for all your work on this

Tags
dockbar, homescreen