Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
is have saw that on jolla smartphones page on facebook : ~~~~~~\\__ll"Jolla"ll__//~~~~~\o/~\o/~~~~~~

‪#‎Jolla‬ saving the ‪#‎N9‬ users, ‪#‎Sailfish‬ ‪#‎FTW‬
what that mean ? jolla will support n9 ?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@clown9 you clicking at items. You need clicking in header on buttons like "Select language" "Select ambiance" etc.
@milad ghusn this is community forum, we're dont know answer, ask Jolla

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Code:
 echo 0 > /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/lpm
now you need an app that shows the time when lpm is on, and set the screen to keep alive when locked, and disable lpm when double-tapped :P
I should think about canceling my Jolla order now..

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
I followed all the instructions on the sailfish wiki for flashing and dual booting, but the problem is once I extracted the sailfish.tar.bz2 I was not able to go into the ubiboot menu, as it went straight to the harmattan. Harmattan works but when I try to put the phone into dev mode for flashing (not terminal, that works), it is not recognized (the flasher doesn't recognize it when i do flasher -i). Any help on reflashing or fixing it? I cannot boot into sailfish atm.

~~~~~ I fixed the problem

Now however, when I restarted from the beginning (reflashed with no preserve, did open mode, booted, everything was stable), the moslo kernel was not able to repartition the device. I get, on the green text screen, and error that says it was not able to repartition. partition not created, and so I cannot boot because it gets stuck on the warning screen for modified OS' (didn't bother to remove it). Any fixes?

Last edited by Shadwblade2652; 2014-01-05 at 03:55.

You need to have 4GB + some extra free space for partitioning to work,

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
I have the 16GB model, is that not enough? And I did this right after a flash, no data on the phone at all except the OS itself.

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
I have the 16GB model, is that not enough? And I did this right after a flash, no data on the phone at all except the OS itself.
It's working just fine on my N9 /16GB, just follow instructions on wiki, http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...allation_Guide.

@Shadwblade2652 what exactly an error message?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
When the autipartitioning fails, you can telnet to the device and do it manually so you can see what is the errror message. Check from MOSLO init the command syntax...

Hi,

Has someone successfully flashed the N950 with dualboot Sailfish?

I tried the tutorial (http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...allation_Guide) several times, including complete erase of my N950 but each time after running step " Step 3 - Flash the OpenMode" the device shows an information message (yellow exclamation mark with a message saying that a non standard firmware is installed) followed by a Nokia logo (plain text, no circle around the logo). All I can do then to make it work again is to flash the original firmware on the device again.

The only thing I do different compared to the manual is that I use the N950 firmware instead of the N9 firmware.

Regards,

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish