Active Topics

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I think the problem with that is that a double-tap or a long-press might mean something to the Flash object that you are clicking on, e.g. a game might use those gestures for bringing up a menu or performing some kind of action. And even if the browser could somehow overload those actions (maybe by clicking a toolbar button then clicking the Flash object), I don't think there's a standardised way to tell every Flash object to go into fullscreen mode, is there?
I honestly don't know. However, the HTC hero uses the 'double-tap' method to maximize flash videos and games. It appears to work pretty well too.

It may not work with everything (especially games), but if it only worked for video content, I would be happy with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBomb999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
I honestly don't know. However, the HTC hero uses the 'double-tap' method to maximize flash videos and games. It appears to work pretty well too.

It may not work with everything (especially games), but if it only worked for video content, I would be happy with that.
Hrmm - since double tapping the nokia browser zooms into that area - I wonder if double tapping a flash would zoom into that flash - essentially giving you full screen.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post

That's useful to know. I wonder how they did that? Does it work with every Flash object (video or game) on any site, or have they coded something for specific sites, e.g. Youtube, I wonder?

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
That's useful to know. I wonder how they did that? Does it work with every Flash object (video or game) on any site, or have they coded something for specific sites, e.g. Youtube, I wonder?
Below is a link that demonstrates the flash capability of the Hero. While it isn't a very good advertisemtent for flash content on mobile devices, it does show the possiblities of using flash with more powerful hardware. Also, it shows games and video opening to full screen.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/.../htchero.html#