Notices

Closed Thread
scropius .... may be something here for u chek this link http://makergeek.co.uk/2010/05/22/n9...s-from-python/

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by naru View Post
scropius .... may be something here for u chek this link http://makergeek.co.uk/2010/05/22/n9...s-from-python/
He doesn't update notifications in that link. He just show a single notification. Actually that guy is even more lost than I am, since he says he can't make a sound alert, led alert and a vibrate alert in the same notification, but you actually can through something called hints.

Not even the examples in the source tarball of libnotify work updating the notifications in Maemo this is gonna be tough.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
oh.. sorry ... dear.. but dont worry we will find that i know

OK I think I got it, and this is why I hate the lack of documentation of Maemo, or actually, how broken it is. It's such a nice OS, and it could have been so powerful, but it was always in the wrong hands, and Nokia haven't released the whole code yet.

So here it is for all the developers out there that tried to stack notifications and never could and wondered why, and this is why: All the notifications have to have ID = 0 to be stacked. For them I hope they can find this through Google.

And no, there's no function to set the ID of a notification. How can you do it? like this:
Code:
n = notify_notification_new(summary,body,"icon",NULL);
g_object_set (G_OBJECT (n),"id", 0, NULL);
That's the first notification. You have to keep your list of notifications of course. When you want to update it, you retreive it from your list and have to do it again:

Code:
n = myList.value(key);

/* Set the number of new notifications */
notify_notification_set_hint_int32 (n,"amount", myList.length());
notify_notification_update(n,new_summary,new_body,"icon");
To show the notification you have to use notify_notification_show after that as usual.

And if you're wondering how I found out the g_object_set (G_OBJECT (notification),"id", 0, NULL); ???

Well I had to read half of the hildon source code for that

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
OK I think I got it, and this is why I hate the lack of documentation of Maemo, or actually, how broken it is. It's such a nice OS, and it could have been so powerful, but it was always in the wrong hands, and Nokia haven't released the whole code yet.

So here it is for all the developers out there that tried to stack notifications and never could and wondered why, and this is why: All the notifications have to have ID = 0 to be stacked. For them I hope they can find this through Google.

And no, there's no function to set the ID of a notification. How can you do it? like this:
Code:
n = notify_notification_new(summary,body,"icon",NULL);
That's the first notification. You have to keep your list of notifications of course. When you want to update it, you retreive it from your list and have to do it again:

Code:
n = myList.value(key);

/* Set the number of new notifications */
notify_notification_set_hint_int32 (n,"amount", myList.length());
notify_notification_update(n,new_summary,new_body,"icon");
To show the notification you have to use notify_notification_show after that as usual.

And if you're wondering how I found out the g_object_set (G_OBJECT (notification),"id", 0, NULL); ???

Well I had to read half of the hildon source code for that
hehe, love the sad face from reading all the source, must have been a pain Yes, I believe that is how it was done, shame I was that little bit too late, I was just as lost as you while making a simple `a la` NET SEND chat app on the N900 Let me see if I can find the source code and send it to you, it could have some useful data like this

EDIT: No, sorry, not backing up before a formatting tends to mean you lose data

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2012-06-05 at 05:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Thankyou for this great app!
It works perfect!!!!!

If its possible to donate, i will do!

Maby someone can create another icon, because thisone is not that beautiful?

Just a question, it still uses the java version?

Last edited by youriehv; 2012-06-05 at 06:09.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
@Scorpius

works nicely so far. You may call yourself Maemo-Hero

Another nice TODO-feature would be, if one could see if your counterpart in whatsapp is currently writing a message (that's done in the java port and I like it :P )

cheers,
nexus

i get this error ''the verification sms was never received .please try later''

Talking about icons and this is a bit of a let down, it's totally impossible to make the notifications stackable (several in the same notification) using a custom icon. That's how broken Maemo is.

In the next releases the notifications will look like the notifications you see when you have received a chat message.

I can't do anything about that (except modify hildon-desktop maybe).

It's not a big deal to me.

BTW I like the current icon, but if something better comes up I guess we can change it.

Yappari has never needed the Java port to work. People only needed to be registered in Whatsapp using that. This is not a frontend of the Java port, this is a whole new application 100% native. No Java, python, or any pseudo-interpreted/pseudo-compiled language.

Yappari is 100% native so it runs faster and uses less battery keep in mind that

Originally Posted by yakub762 View Post
i get this error ''the verification sms was never received .please try later''
Send me your /home/user/MyDocs/yappari.log, but I bet you typed your phone wrong (leading zeroes in phone number and/or country code)

scropius u told me no notification in this ver but some time sound and sms auto on mins this ver notifi me when some one msg me...chek this scrin shoot i am geting notification with sound but some timeName:  Screenshot-20120605-114709.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  24.3 KB

i am giting notification when some one msg me also slow sound also coming i am using cssu testing

Last edited by naru; 2012-06-05 at 06:24.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp