Notices

Originally Posted by ijAcK View Post
Bro I am your fan.

Thanks
ha ha ha... Thanks but I didnt know you? did I

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
can you make a webapp for mail.myopera.com?
it's automatically shown in mobile view when displayed in Opera Mobile or Mini, but I don't if there's a separate URL for mobile view.
I really like their webmail Interface, but the mobile version is sort of lacking in possibilities, so I think a webapp for the desktop version would enhance the experience by a great deal.
I'm thinking something similar to crochik's Mobwebmail.
I'll be looking for an icon to post here!
and btw thanks for all the great stuff you've posting so far!
ben
please send me myopera mobile website url so that I can make one for you...

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
hey transtech, i thought you may be able to help me. is there any way to make microb remember that i zoomed a website and enable text reflow? im using twitmania as web twitter client but i have to zoom and enable text reflow everytime. thanks!
sorry dear I really dont know how to do it ... I just know to make a webapp for any mobile version or finger-friendly website(s)...

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
please send me myopera mobile website url so that I can make one for you...
I think there isn't a separate mobile URL for the login page.
It seems that the user agent is determined only after logging in.
There is a mobile view and a desktop view, but the login page looks the same for both: mail.opera.com/m gets me to the same page as mail.opera.com if viewed in the same browser:
In all the browsers I have on N900, I get taken to mobile view when I log in (likewise, desktop view in all desktop browsers), but the URL is one specific to my account, not a generic one. Would it help if I gave you that?

Anyhow, I believe all the info publicly available for this site/service is here:
http://my.opera.com/mailteam/blog/

I asked in the blog comments to find out more, but I suspect I made it a stupid question to someone who knows the answer...

Maybe I got the idea wrong of what a webapp really is.
In my understanding, it's basically a browser optimised to display just one specific site on a specific device - is that about correct?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Maybe I got the idea wrong of what a webapp really is.
In my understanding, it's basically a browser optimised to display just one specific site on a specific device - is that about correct?
yep you are right, but any website (web or mobile) shortcut added in app menu which uses MicroB.

Anyway if microB takes you to Mobile version successfully then webapp can also take you there... anyway I will make one on that tomorrow...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
yep you are right, but any website (web or mobile) shortcut added in app menu which uses MicroB.
I'm not sure what you mean by that

Anyway if microB takes you to Mobile version successfully then webapp can also take you there... anyway I will make one on that tomorrow...
On a second thought, shouldn't the web app rather be made for accessing the desktop version?
In my understanding, the point of having a web app would be to get the full functionality of everything that desktop site has to offer, but with a convenient interface tailored to my device (N900) - as opposed to the full functionality, but inconvenient handling of the desktop site, and the easy handling, but restricted functionality of a mobile version (which I can already access fine in MicroB/Opera/Fennec/Helium, and looks good too - just poor in features).
For instance, mobile versions of both Facebook and GMail totally suck, they're basically just lists of menus, and lots of functionality not available - and that's where the apps come in, right?

General Notice: @To All: I may not be supporting this thread anymore.... sorry for your quaries and or requests. I will post a instruction document to make your own webapp if anyone want...

General Notice: @To All: I may not be supporting this thread anymore.... sorry for your quaries and or requests. I will post a instruction document to make your own webapp if anyone want...
that would be awesome, I'd love to try and make my own webapp!
I'm a complete newbie at this though, so I'm still trying to get
a grip on what exactly - which tools, what "materials" - you would need
to get started. What do you think about my above question?
Also, does the webpage need to provide an API in order for
a webapp to work ?
thanks, Ben

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
It seems that nobody is interrested by this thread anymore!!!
It could be funny if somebody post a tutorial to help us creating some web apps for maemo!!

Tags
web app, webapps