Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
Hello all,

I'm opening this thread for announcements when I update cbrPager for Maemo. Please subscribe to it if you are a user of the program.

For now, between two diaper changes I've managed to put together cbrPager 0.9.22. Get it at Sourceforge (or at the Garage if sourceforge is down again)

Changes:

- Fix key handling for n810, hopefully. This should fix the problem some people have been having with the fullscreen key not working properly. At least, it fixes it in scratchbox. Not having an N810, I can't test it myself; please let me know.

- Fixed fit to width to avoid horizontal scrollbar.

- Added notification when moved to end/beginning of archive, for cliffhanger chapters , requested by eliagp

- Added option to disable scrollbars in fullscreen mode.

- Added "special mode" (normally toggled with the center button) that reassigns keys for more comfortable reading in portrait mode. In that mode, zoom in pages forward, zoom out pages backwards, center goes back to normal, and the d-pad scrolls the current page. Sorry, these key bindings aren't reconfigurable yet.

- Fixed annoying bug when paging in rotated mode--scroll was done backwards.

- Fixed a stupid typo that made the "go to start" menu item do absolutely nothing...

Enjoy this release!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
and I even got quoted. Nice!
I really can't thank you enough for this thing. Now the tablet has gained more value to me.

Hey, awesome, you fixed the fullscreen issue! nice =P Now, I know you've been busy with the baby and i'm really thankful you still managed to pull in some time for this project (my brother recently had a baby, so i know how tiring it can be =P)...

However... I think i've found some major bugs.

First of all, probably cause you don't have an N810, but you bound some commands to the hardware keyboard which can't be overridden by the key configs... It looks like QWE are bound to zoom to a certain level (looks like something around 100%, 200%, and 250%). Extra confusing is when Q becomes quit in Special Mode, i thought i was crashing it consistantly before i realized its probably a Quit key.

Second, it looks like the keyboard shortcuts "Fit Width" and "Zoom 1:1" is getting me "Fit Page", while "Fit Page" is getting me Fit to Width (Fullscreen version, so if its in Windowed, so it'll get horizontal scrollbars in Windowed mode)... I had to try this on several hotkeys to make sure it wasn't some sort of iteration of the above, but it seems like that's how it is.

Third of all, I'm having trouble getting some Preferences to commit. namely "Show scrollbars when fullscreen" (disabled it and can't re-enable it) and "Always go to: (directory)". It saves the input i put into the directory field, but the toggle button stays on Remember Previous even when i hit save.

Maybe its cause I just ran update over the install, gonna try reinstalling to see if the problems persist.

Edit: Where are the config files for the program located? I want to delete it so that the install can generate a new config file for it...

Last edited by IcyAirs; 2008-10-05 at 02:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to IcyAirs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IcyAirs View Post
Hey, awesome, you fixed the fullscreen issue! nice =P Now, I know you've been busy with the baby and i'm really thankful you still managed to pull in some time for this project (my brother recently had a baby, so i know how tiring it can be =P)...

However... I think i've found some major bugs.

First of all, probably cause you don't have an N810, but you bound some commands to the hardware keyboard which can't be overridden by the key configs... It looks like QWE are bound to zoom to a certain level (looks like something around 100%, 200%, and 250%). Extra confusing is when Q becomes quit in Special Mode, i thought i was crashing it consistantly before i realized its probably a Quit key.
Part of those were intentional, but part came from the widget I'm integrating to replace the gnome canvas. I've removed some bindings in there and it should fix this problem.

As for special mode, I've removed all keys except those that should be bound (zoom in/out, dpad, esc and fullscreen).

Second, it looks like the keyboard shortcuts "Fit Width" and "Zoom 1:1" is getting me "Fit Page", while "Fit Page" is getting me Fit to Width (Fullscreen version, so if its in Windowed, so it'll get horizontal scrollbars in Windowed mode)... I had to try this on several hotkeys to make sure it wasn't some sort of iteration of the above, but it seems like that's how it is.
Yeah, it looks like it was backwards... Funny enough, it was backwards in the original cbrPager, so it's John's fault I'm looking at it now.

Third of all, I'm having trouble getting some Preferences to commit. namely "Show scrollbars when fullscreen" (disabled it and can't re-enable it) and "Always go to: (directory)". It saves the input i put into the directory field, but the toggle button stays on Remember Previous even when i hit save.
My fault, I think I messed up the config dialog and put some stuff in a conditional section I shouldn't have.

Maybe its cause I just ran update over the install, gonna try reinstalling to see if the problems persist.

Edit: Where are the config files for the program located? I want to delete it so that the install can generate a new config file for it...
I wouldn't bother with that, it looks like I found an explanation to all those problems. But for your information, the settings are in gconf, so you can use the gconftool to change them. In Maemo, those are stored in /etc/osso-af-init/gconf-dir/cbrPager/*.

Thanks for your bug reports!
-- BGE

The Following User Says Thank You to bge For This Useful Post:
Greetings all,

I've released a new version, 0.9.23, which you'll find in the garage. It's not on Sourceforge because said Sourceforge is down right now...

This release contains the following enhancements:
  • Tweak key handling
  • Ensure scrollbar visibility preference is recorded properly, thanks to IcyAirs for finding it.
  • Re-enable "go to fixed location" in the preferences when building under Hildon, thanks to IcyAirs for finding this.
  • Zoom width and zoom fit were reversed in the configuration, thanks to IcyAirs for finding it. This was reversed in the original cbrPager, actually...
  • Remove built-in keybindings from the image view, as those were messing up some shortcuts. Thanks, again, to IcyAirs for finding this.
  • Make rotation direction configurable. Note that you can't rotate "upside down", as I don't see a point to that feature.

Enjoy this release! And thanks to all of you who report bugs, it makes the program better for me as well.

So I was giving comix a last checkup for features you could improve upon before uninstalling it, and i noted that you didn't have some sort of window scrolling. So something like a configurable button that would scroll a configurable % of the page (say, hit space to scroll down 60% of the viewable page) would be pretty nice too... hitting down 20 times (then up 10 and down 10 again) probably isn't ideal =P

Also, currently "Always go to Directory" will put you on the folder above it, with the set folder selected... seems like something of a carryover from if the last "directory" was actually a file. I think it should actually start inside the designated folder and not just have it selected, right?

So I was giving comix a last checkup for features you could improve upon before uninstalling it, and i noted that you didn't have some sort of window scrolling. So something like a configurable button that would scroll a configurable % of the page (say, hit space to scroll down 60% of the viewable page) would be pretty nice too... hitting down 20 times (then up 10 and down 10 again) probably isn't ideal =P

Also, currently "Always go to Directory" will put you on the folder above it, with the set folder selected... seems like something of a carryover from if the last "directory" was actually a file. I think it should actually start inside the designated folder and not just have it selected, right?
Well, I'm open to the idea, I'm just not sure what key to bind it to... any suggestions? Maybe I should just forget about binding zoom to width and zoom to fit to left and right in normal mode...

The other one: OK, it's probably a simple mistake, I'll see if I can fix it easily. I had to change the file picker from a custom one to the Hildon picker, and they probably don't work exactly the same.

maybe you can make Right a special toggle between fit to width and screen (Change Fit mode button)? *shrugs* That'll get you an extra Left key (or vice versa)

I have an 810, i either have a billion keys at once or 5 keys ^^* At one point i would have killed to get a dpad on face

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Hello all,

at first, Thanks to bge for porting cbrpager to Maemo!

I have a little (well maybe not so little ^^) suggestion: Is it possible to implement some kind of background loading for the next page? Right now there is a delay of 1-3 seconds between pressing "next page" button and the actual apearing of the next page. So if the programm would load the next page in the background while you are reading one page the page could be shown instantly when switching to the next page.
Unfortunalety my C-skills are not yet good enough to implement something like this myself. But maybe someone with better skills than me is able to implement this in cbrPager.

Hi all,

Although I've done no new work since last time, I've not been sitting idle. I've uploaded cbrPager to Maemo extras, so you'll be able to get it from a "normal" location from now on.

Note, however, that I've only tested the Diablo build. Can somebody with chinook still install check out the version in extras-devel? It should work well (I only depend on GTK+ after all; it's a pretty self-contained program), but I'd like to make sure before I promote it. And I'd hate to have to reflash just to test it...

Thanks in advance!

As far as the last two feature requests: I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything until next week at the earliest. The page-oriented scrolling should be simple enough. The caching in advance, quite a bit less so (requires multithreading and possibly a refactor of the way files are handled). Both are on my TODO list.

-- BGE

Tags
cbrpager, comics, lightweight, manga, reader