Notices

Originally Posted by ade View Post
I am making too much changes on two versions,
I really appreciate Your work, yet I still don't see any point in maintaining it like this. It seems, that there is consensus - everyone like seconds in landscape + one time alarms should stay inactive, not disappear. At least, that is what comes from reading *every* post after this "self-fork" thing started.

The funniest thing, is that such versions is *not* available - we still have to choose between seconds OR not disappearing alarms.

I'm not demanding anything - just "stating" current situation, which is little irrational IMO, to say at least. I have yet to see single person, that would not be happy with *one* version of Open source worldclock - adding seconds in landscape, and preserving alarms like stock.

I also don't get, why You hesitate to "mainstream" seconds feature - adding portrait support was much bigger "change". Also, the "closest to stock" version, in fact got bug, that initiate 10% CPU usage on each minute change (in landscape), due to bakcground redraw. I don't see any sane reason, to leave this as "OK".

/Estel

// Edit

Maybe a "poll" about seconds in landscape should be added to this thread? It's quite grotesque for such straight-forward (and already implemented, yet not "enabled"!) feature, but, if this could help to end this "twopath"...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-02-01 at 09:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Estel,

The inactivation of a non repeating alarm will become the standard behavior.
Just didn't wanted to use it yet in the other version as long as I didn't fix the timeshifting issue in snooze. So just some more patience for that.

Could you maybe get some sort of official "okay" for the single version you and I want? I know you do have contact which some CSSU members on IRC sometimes (seeing the IRC logs).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
No problem - I'm pretty sure, that they'll be surprised by the question, but why not? I'll drop an info here, after getting response.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Maybe some of the CSSU devs (or some other devs) can help look into why the CPU goes to 100% with the seconds view/background redraw problem.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Estel,

The inactivation of a non repeating alarm will become the standard behavior.
Just didn't wanted to use it yet in the other version as long as I didn't fix the timeshifting issue in snooze. So just some more patience for that.

Could you maybe get some sort of official "okay" for the single version you and I want? I know you do have contact which some CSSU members on IRC sometimes (seeing the IRC logs).
Feel free to join #maemo-ssu with your questions. After all if your software is going to be a part of the CSSU, you should at least join the "official" CSSU IRC channel.

If the replacement clock is gonna make it into CSSU, there will be a quarantine period anyway, so all remaining inconsistencies/bugs to be cleaned and optimisations to be done.

Again, please join #maemo-ssu with your questions, first of them being to MohammadAG and/or merlin1991 (CSSU maintainers) - "hello guys, what do you think, is it a good idea to have adeclock in CSSU"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Maybe some of the CSSU devs (or some other devs) can help look into why the CPU goes to 100% with the seconds view/background redraw problem.
It's 10%, but still too much

The stability issue is also something to look into. It works rock solid wrapped in a shellscript, without it, it is not that stable.
Big chance I want be able to tackle this myself. If we don't mind the shellscript we have no problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
It's 10%, but still too much

The stability issue is also something to look into. It works rock solid wrapped in a shellscript, without it, it is not that stable.
Big chance I want be able to tackle this myself. If we don't mind the shellscript we have no problem.
Well, I looked at gitorious, and...

Seems you're using QtCreator for development. Not that it is bad, but in order to include that in CSSU, you should debianize it. And one should be able to build the whole package by just issuing "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" in scratchbox.

By using shell script wrapper you are just hiding the underlying problem (whatever it is). So it is better (read that as must ) find what causes the crashes. I would recommend installign sp-rich-core so you will be able to gather coredumps for post-mortem debugging.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, I looked at gitorious, and...

Seems you're using QtCreator for development. Not that it is bad, but in order to include that in CSSU, you should debianize it. And one should be able to build the whole package by just issuing "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" in scratchbox.

By using shell script wrapper you are just hiding the underlying problem (whatever it is). So it is better (read that as must ) find what causes the crashes. I would recommend installign sp-rich-core so you will be able to gather coredumps for post-mortem debugging.
AapoRantalainen already compiled it in scratchbox. Creating a deb should not be an issue (Pali and AapoRantalainen already volunteered).
As for debugging: created a version with debug info for gdb, but in that case it does not crash.

Maybe this is more of a challenge for the "hardcore" hackers like you

AapoRantalainen already compiled it in scratchbox. Creating a deb should not be an issue (Pali and AapoRantalainen already volunteered).
Great, but that should be commited on your repo before being pulled into CSSU repo.

As for debugging: created a version with debug info for gdb, but in that case it does not crash.

Maybe this is more of a challenge for the "hardcore" hackers like you

You (or whoever) can create separate package with only debug symbols, in such a way object code will be release, but in case of a crash, debug symbols could be loaded in gdb (along with coredump) for "hardcore" hackers to be able to find the reason for crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Is there any 'assert' in the code? It won't be expanded in release and maybe some code after the assertion is executed because it's not correctly guarded. It could apply to any other code dependant on the debug flags.

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock