Notices

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
i really like this widget, but after I found out that it could somehow make your battery drain faster cos of bug in hildon-desktop (which is fixed in the hildon-desktop version from MohammadAG) i deinstalled it.

+ Somehow i face connection problems when i also install autodisconnect.
i couldn't find out more, don't know how to investigate properly.

When autodisconnect did it's job, I could not reestablish a connection with ConnectNow...

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi NightShift
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
i really like this widget, but after I found out that it could somehow make your battery drain faster cos of bug in hildon-desktop (which is fixed in the hildon-desktop version from MohammadAG) i deinstalled it.
This is the first time I heard this. Can you give me a link.

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
+ Somehow i face connection problems when i also install autodisconnect.
i couldn't find out more, don't know how to investigate properly.

When autodisconnect did it's job, I could not reestablish a connection with ConnectNow...
Thank you for reporting this, I will make some tests.

regards
Nicolai

Hi,
Great widget - but I need some help/clarification.

When I first started using it in June, I had connection settings on "any connection", and connect now would choose to connect to a known wifi if available, otherwise it would automatically select my 3g connection, all of this with only one icon. Basically, it was toggling between connections using the same criteria as defined byinternet connection settings.I was very happy with that.

Lately, it stopped doing so, I believe it was when during a trip in roaming I changed my connection settings to "Any wlan". ConnectNow now doesn't work as before, and I now need multiple widget for different access points. Is there any way to revert it back?

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also deleting /home/user/.connectnow_home_widget - but it made no difference

thanks!

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
@nicolai
sorry don't have a link. I read it in one of those hildon-desktop threads on here.
but as this is a hildon-desktop bug which should be fixed in an upcomming update, you shouldn't bother.

that bug is already fixed in those modified hildon-desktops floating around on here.

Hi Nicolai,
Thanks for this - great widget.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what does the sliding adjuster at the bottom of the settings screen adjust, please?
Secondly, for people that are as stupid as me, suggest adding instructions that to switch between networks, you need to have two seperate s/cuts on the desktop, one for each of the networks, as I didn't realise at first and thought it didn't work properly!
Cheers,
Dennis

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi listsuk,

the slidebar at the bottom of the settings screen is for the widget
size.

nicolai

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
I created here a few icons, if someone want .
Attached Images

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-11-17 at 00:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
And the last
This pic from my desktop...
Attached Images

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-11-16 at 23:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
somehow, I couldn't set up the GPRS connection. only the wifi connection is on the selection.

Anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?
Thanks

Can we have different internet connection connected at the same time..

e.g. for sending mms I need MMS access point and for browsing I need INTERNET access point..

problem is this - if I need to send a MMS when browsing , I need to disconnect from INTERNET access point to connect to MMS to send mms.. or Internet access point get disconnect automatically when I try to connect to MMS..

I want to connect both of these at the same time.

This is possible in all Symbian based mobile