Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi,

I'm trying to run Mer apps and Maemo apps side by side, but there seems to be some conflict between the two versions of maemo-launcher.

Once the Mer maemo-launcher starts running, Maemo apps (the ones dependent on maemo-launcher) quit launching, even though the Maemo version of maemo-launcher is still running.

I notice that one of the parameters of maemo-launcher is "--pidfile" which has the following listed in the help file:
--pidfile FILE Specify a different pid file (default /tmp/maemo-launcher.pid).
It would seem that this has the possibility for two or more maemo-launchers to share the system, by using two different "PID files," but I can't see any way to specify which maemo-launcher to use in the documentation of maemo-invoker.

As it is now, the most recently launched maemo-launcher takes all the maemo-invoker calls, leaving the older maemo-launcher (still running, in the shadows) leaning against the wall, feeling lonely. And so the non-Mer apps fail to start, because the Mer maemo-launcher stares blankly at them and says, "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Any suggestions?

Perhaps this is a request I should be making to the Mer team? ("Make maemo-invoker capable of choosing which maemo-launcher to use")

By the way, I notice this same behaviour when running apps in Fremantle Alpha Scratchbox...

UPDATE: Interesting behaviour if I try to run a Diablo maemo-launcher on top of the Mer version:

I issue the following command:
Code:
~ $ maemo-invoker browser
maemo-launcher responds with:
Code:
maemo-launcher: invoking '/usr/bin/browser'
maemo-launcher: died loading invoked application: '/usr/bin/browser: cannot dynamically load executable'
maemo-launcher: child (pid=2657) terminated due to exit()=1

Last edited by qole; 2009-04-17 at 16:41. Reason: update: error code

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wow. Don't everyone talk at once.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Wow. Don't everyone talk at once.
Quick look reveals that it uses a unix socket - is in /tmp/.something

Tags
hildon, low level, maemo-launcher, osso