Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Looks like we are having a success story with FP on XZ3. rpm had a wrong path in one of the service files, will fix that with the next update. stay tuned

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
The new version of FP for XZ3 is released. XZ2/XZ2c users don't have to do anything at this stage. XZ3 users would have to install fingerprint support as described in https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...rprint-support

Note that XZ3 requires droid-fake-crypt service which is packaged now in the default repo as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, super, now it works perfectly after update and installation of droid-fake-crypt and an extra reboot.
Now I only need to stop touching the camera lens instead of the fingerprint reader. The position of the reader is basically where the xperia logo is on the XA2 (way down).
Cheers,
ljo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Curious - I read the info about camera issues in post 2, but wondering if any improvements in recent updates... Thanks

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Curious - I read the info about camera issues in post 2, but wondering if any improvements in recent updates... Thanks
No, not yet. That would probably require AOSP10 based port first as the camera AOSP improvements are focused on that. As we don't have ports based on AOSP10 yet, it will have to wait...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
No, not yet. That would probably require AOSP10 based port first as the camera AOSP improvements are focused on that. As we don't have ports based on AOSP10 yet, it will have to wait...
Thanks for your work ... The XZ2C was yhe only phone I've had that I would almost prefer over my XC - except for the Sailfish support, so I went back to XC. If things develop further here, I may go back again.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
hi, can you tell me again how to disable fingerprint sensor please? cannot find the thread in jolla forum anymore...

Originally Posted by mankir View Post
hi, can you tell me again how to disable fingerprint sensor please? cannot find the thread in jolla forum anymore...
Do you want to fully disable it or remove fingerprints?

To remove fingerprints, use sailfish-fpd-community-test app.

Fully disabling would require reverting https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...ee35472a3459b4 , probably adding to disabled_services would be sufficient.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Can't find the XZ2C below 200€ for some reason. Why the appeal?

Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Can't find the XZ2C below 200€ for some reason. Why the appeal?
Small number of smaller and fast devices on the market?