Notices

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I really suggest to remove old hack code. In merge request is only deleted function updateWiredHeadset which call amixer, nothing more.
I'm OK with removing the hacky code, but all the time I have a feeling that you don't realize one thing. updateWiredHeadset() is indeed responsible for setting jackbias with amixer, but it also takes care of pausing music when you pull the headphone plug out. Removing this means that Disconnect headset to pause and Reconnect headset to resume will work only for Bluetooth headsets.

Aren't QProcess::startDetached("amixer", args << "on"); and its "off" counterpart the only things that really have to be removed?

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
The Entertainment View is the ONLY view that attract me to this prog...otherwise i am going back to Instinctiv. Thx for your time.
I consider Entertainment View merely a small addition to OMP, so it doesn't get updates frequently. I think you should go back to Instinctiv, but you can keep checking now and then if anything has changed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Car view should be basic with big buttons, IMO it's well laid out and see no point in adding any more features.

Why? This isn't helpful feedback!
That's your opinion but i think Entertainment View is perfect for car view. I wish there is an option to make it default so everyone can have their own choices. I am not complaining..just expressing my opinion...that if i were to create my own program...that is what i will do.

In regard to playlist. When i saved playlist and proceed to play it...it won't play. However, if i hit the shuffle button under playlist, it work. And if i go back to playlist and select a song, it work and then sometimes it's not working again. Not sure what the bug is...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
I see, there's one line missing in the code used for browsing saved playlists. It's quite important, so I'll prepare a quick update as soon as I have a free moment.

Edit: It's ready for downloading. No other changes than dealing with the aforementioned issue.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2012-08-16 at 20:14.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I see, there's one line missing in the code used for browsing saved playlists. It's quite important, so I'll prepare a quick update as soon as I have a free moment.

Edit: It's ready for downloading. No other changes than dealing with the aforementioned issue.
Great!

Here's my wishlist:

1. Add fullscreen mode in option for default view.
2. Add default view for Entertainment View as option.
2. Repeat mode for single song
3. Optimize prog to save battery
4. Seek slider in Entertainment View need fix.
5. Album Arts size increase
6. Portrait mode a la Instinctiv

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Great!

Here's my wishlist:

1. Add fullscreen mode in option for default view.
5. Album Arts size increase
Those would be awesome aditions, yes : )

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I'm OK with removing the hacky code, but all the time I have a feeling that you don't realize one thing. updateWiredHeadset() is indeed responsible for setting jackbias with amixer, but it also takes care of pausing music when you pull the headphone plug out. Removing this means that Disconnect headset to pause and Reconnect headset to resume will work only for Bluetooth headsets.

Aren't QProcess::startDetached("amixer", args << "on"); and its "off" counterpart the only things that really have to be removed?
Sorry, I totally forgot that updateWiredHeadset also handle pause on disconnect. My fault...

I updated merge request, see: https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer...rge_requests/7

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Ade, you're absolutely right. Poor isn't the right word. The translations aren't poor, really I'm glad someone has done the job to translate it! However, some translations could be improved, so I'd like to 'review' (I know, again the wrong word, but atm I don't know a synonym :P) the translations and improve them.

The Following User Says Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
Ade, you're absolutely right. Poor isn't the right word. The translations aren't poor, really I'm glad someone has done the job to translate it! However, some translations could be improved, so I'd like to 'review' (I know, again the wrong word, but atm I don't know a synonym :P) the translations and improve them.
This sound like a more balanced judgement. I'll grant you access to the dutch translation team.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Rapidly OMP has replaced the default player for me. I do have a request though...

Is there any way to move the lyrics files to a more mount-accessible location, somewhere under MyDocs, so they can be easily retreived and added when connecting the N900 to a PC? It would make sharing those lyrics via BlueTooth a lot easier also. Android carrying friends love the lyrics function but raise their eyebrows when it takes a while to get them the lyrics too.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Rapidly OMP has replaced the default player for me. I do have a request though...

Is there any way to move the lyrics files to a more mount-accessible location, somewhere under MyDocs, so they can be easily retreived and added when connecting the N900 to a PC? It would make sharing those lyrics via BlueTooth a lot easier also. Android carrying friends love the lyrics function but raise their eyebrows when it takes a while to get them the lyrics too.
MyDocs isn't a great place to put this, also with it being a FAT partition you can't symlink there either.

Rather than move the file (I think the current file location is best, even if it is hard to get to) a good solution would be to add the share feature in the the lyrics box.

Hold down on the lyrics and the options could be :-
Edit Lyrics, Reload Lyrics, Share.

You could then share the text file like you can a song.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse