Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by peter2p View Post
Thx ade, just installed the latest version, works great

I saw not a bug, rather a minor cosmetic improvement.
Could you in portrait mode make the popup from Clock/locales or Landinstellingen as high as Clock/Adjust Time and Date?
It is possible to scroll now but there is room enough, i guess
Thanks for confirming the latest version installs okay.

About the menus:
External objects are called, I am afraid I can't control their height.

Explicitly stating portrait mode leads to a question for you peter2p; do you have forced portrait mode enabled?
On my device, the screen always switches to landscape while running these submenus. I have asked the question if that could be prevented (replacement controlpanel does that) on some thread, but never got an answer. Your screen does not rotate?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Thanks for confirming the latest version installs okay.

About the menus:
External objects are called, I am afraid I can't control their height.

Explicitly stating portrait mode leads to a question for you peter2p; do you have forced portrait mode enabled?
On my device, the screen always switches to landscape while running these submenus. I have asked the question if that could be prevented (replacement controlpanel does that) on some thread, but never got an answer. Your screen does not rotate?
I can confirm that i have forced rotation enabled at the CSSU Features and if i go into the menu it stays in portrait mode.
Changed also the background in Landscape mode and after leaving the phone alone for 5 minutes i found a great outcome in Powertop, put it in a txt-file because it's a little OT here.
Groeten Peter.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Powertop.txt (3.5 KB, 101 views)
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
How I compile this?

What is needed libraries? What is used Qt?

This is at least needed:
Code:
apt-get install libalarm-dev

Code:
git clone git://gitorious.org/osso-clock/osso-clock.git
cd osso-clock
qmake
But then I need to add -I/usr/include/QtMaemo5 to INCPATH in Makefile by hands. Is there something missing in pro-file?

It got main.o compiled. But next one causes error:

Code:
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -pthread -I/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/include -I. -I. -I/usr/include/QtMaemo5  -o mainwindow.o mainwindow.cpp
In file included from ui_mainwindow.h:27,
                 from mainwindow.cpp:4:
alarmbutton.h:10: error: expected class-name before '{' token
In file included from mainwindow.cpp:4:
ui_mainwindow.h: In member function 'void Ui_MainWindow::setupUi(QMainWindow*)':
ui_mainwindow.h:91: error: 'class AlarmButton' has no member named 'setObjectName'
ui_mainwindow.h:92: error: 'class AlarmButton' has no member named 'setMinimumSize'
ui_mainwindow.h:93: error: 'class AlarmButton' has no member named 'setMaximumSize'
(Seems I'm trying with Qt-4.7.0.)

AapoRantalainen,

I use Qt Creator 2.4.0 in combination with Qt 4.6.2.
To compile I use Qt Creator itself (which does a qmake call of course)

I do not recall I installed extra packages, but it is quite a while ago I installed everything. Things like INCPATH where never changed by me, the pro file worked pretty much out of the box.

P.s. I just uploaded my latest changes to gitorious.

I use Qt Creator 2.4.0 in combination with Qt 4.6.2.
Seems to me that Qt 4.6.2 can't be installed anymore.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/libqt4-maemo5-core/
-> empty

apt-get install libqt4-maemo5-core
-> "Package libqt4-maemo5-core is not available, but is referred to by another package."

This is only I can found:
libqt4-experimental-core
-> 4.7.0~git20101111-0maemo1

I have been running a version with seconds added and no background image in landscape, and I really prefer this version.
It matches the portrait background and it also seems to be the preference of most of visitors to this thread.

For now I have two versions available (version without background and seconds in landscape: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42147901/worldclock_no-bg.zip)

Try them both if you can't make a choice right now . In the first post there is a screenshot of both versions in landscape.

Looks like we are coming to a stable version with no open bug reports. If that stays this way, I plan to leave the replacement clock development as it is for a while and see where to go from there on a later moment.

@AapoRantalainen: I will look somewhat further regarding your compile errors.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I have been running a version with seconds added and no background image in landscape, and I really prefer this version.
It matches the portrait background and it also seems to be the preference of most of visitors to this thread.
Just installed the version with seconds and no background.
Have to agree that the match between both modes is better when they have, or none, or the same background.
The seconds in landscape are really cool.
Also saw that the minute jumps exactly on the right moment.
Before it felt like half a second behind, could be my imagination
Thx for all your work, a real improvement to N900

The Following User Says Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
Hooray, finally version with seconds and without bloat background! Thanks very much, ade.

Also, it's probably useless to report it now, but I haven't run into any bugs with latest (including one *before* removing background and adding seconds in landscape) version.

BTW, I also saw this little delay when switching minutes in version *with* background. I'm pretty sure, that it was due to repainting.

Of course I'm more than glad, that people have choose now, but I think background-less version with seconds should become "mainstream" clock replacement.

/Estel

// Edit

Considering it seems very stable now, what about merging it with CSSU, where it, honestly, belongs?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
The replacement clock keeps deleting an inactive one-time alarm when an alarm has triggered no matter if I switch locale. Good work though. Please make it check the Enabled check mark when changing an inactive alarm.

Last edited by megaexer; 2012-01-26 at 06:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to megaexer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by megaexer View Post
The replacement clock keeps deleting an inactive one-time alarm when an alarm has triggered
I think it's normal, you have to save the alarm with a repeat for at least 1 day.
It doesn't have to be active otherwise there would be multiple alarms going off on one day, that's also possible...
On the image you'll see the 2 active alarms for this week, others could perhaps be for next week and if i need another moment to wake up, i just create a new alarm
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock