Notices

Well, sure we all have our wish list of games - but here's a chance to thin the heard. I want to know what games you're willing to pay over $100 for on the N900?

By ported I mean 100% in working condition and over 25FPS all controls set up for the N900.

My wish list:

Hitman Codename 47
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Starcraft (100% working, Stratagus is just to show off)

I would easily pay $250 for a port of the games.

What about you guys?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Crysis - because nothing else speaks of overkill like having Crysis in your pocket.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
i don't think i'd pay much for audio/video exrravaganza given the limited capability of the device relative to the price point mentioned.

I'd pay up to $20-30 for a really special game with plenty of Online components. Mmorpg or the likes. Or ones that make use of mobile elements/sensors smartly.

my original outraged post below : D

On a small screen, sucky speakers (ok, can with 'phones) and really questionable control scheme????

I'd pay $100 for a really well done game that i can enjoy on a bigscreen with proper audio system, and even so i don't have to spend that much for console games.

I think you're nuts!!!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-06-11 at 14:09.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
I would never pay over 100$ (~82€) for a game.
50€ are the max for realy good PC games, like MassEffect or Crysis.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
100$ really is an overkill.

Unless there's a possibility to double it. Poker anyone?

Well, now we've got a stonking good Settlers clone, how about Starcraft, Warcraft and Half-Life (the first version).

i would say that i can see my self paying 50 - 100$ for a good diablo 2 port. or a simular rpg or a rly good mmo.

hmm yap 100 is really a big amount of money but my top's were morrowind,deus Ex 1 and king pin. i think i would pay around 100 for it. in my opinion i would even say that if it runs totally smooth and is complete compatible, its totally worth it.

Ahh guys just a question: i know its another processor in the n900 and would require a complete rewrite, but would it be technikally possible to port deus ex (and the others)? and if a rewrite is done, what chances are there that the game runs quite well on a oc'ed n900 (with open gl es)? thx 4 answering

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Well, there is Neverwinter Nights.
It is a 10 years old RPG from BioWare and it was ported to Linux. It is build on top of a graphics library that has already been ported to OpenGL ES.
It uses graphics that is very nice (for its age, at least) but can be run on 10-year-old graphics cards, as well.

I think after the proper adjustments it should be able to run on an N900 effortlessly.

Basically, all BioWare should do is just recompile their closed binaries for ARM, and they could create the BEST mobile gaming experience.

Championship manger or another Football managment game

The Following User Says Thank You to andygee For This Useful Post: