Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@mrk88
Have you tried the above mentioned command?

Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2
Here is a deb package that simply executes this command (for people that don't want/have developer mode enabled and don't want to reboot). You may uninstall it afterward.
Attached Files
File Type: deb fix-net-1.0.deb (732 Bytes, 255 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to mubuntu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by mubuntu View Post
Here is a deb package that simply executes this command (for people that don't want/have developer mode enabled and don't want to reboot). You may uninstall it afterward.
This is a permanent fix or i have to install it every time?

Originally Posted by mubuntu View Post
using the terminal and the deb package, restore settings (not clear device), neither work for me (not forget to reboot).

Btw, is there any different between that refresh command and refresh tool from N9 Refresh (from N9 Tweak)?

curious to change the sim card with another provider's sim card then back to original sim card, but can not do it now.

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
This is a permanent fix or i have to install it every time?
just guessing, it's not permanent because it's just package to execute a command that restarting something. maybe i'm wrong

edit: i forget that my problem can be fixed by connect my n9 to wifi. after that, my internet connection when using default apps back to normal again. thx.

Last edited by loky; 2013-04-22 at 09:04.

im gladly want to share my solution here, after a year not having this issue, suddenly it come back today, so what im doing, first i backup my phone data, then restore it, the connection on internet 3g work flawless, you can try this method, although this is doesn't make any sense

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Originally Posted by baem90 View Post
im gladly want to share my solution here, after a year not having this issue, suddenly it come back today, so what im doing, first i backup my phone data, then restore it, the connection on internet 3g work flawless, you can try this method, although this is doesn't make any sense
Doesn't work for me. Although my issue does not seem to be the same: I simply can't connect at all, the wifi icon turns blue/white alternately forever and inside the quick access menu it spins also forever saying "connecting...".

I wonder what's happening ^^

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
i fixed it pulling and inserting them sim up to it fits properly

The recent Nokia Link update seems to have fixed this issue for me. Prior to it I lost the network at least once a day generally.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
I had the problem das internet connection was very slow and a lot of cancels.
Removing FasterN9 Connection is fast and stable as before

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
Hey folks! Reviving an old thread here. This is still a serious bug, I don't quite understand how this topic could become so old though...

Anyway, just as my pre-poster stated, I have reason to assume that FasterN9 causes these connection issues.
I tried it several times now:

Having FasterN9 installed, the mobile internet connection gets lost randomly (as far as I can tell, I didn't notice any special conditions) and it's not possible to get it back (neither flight mode circling, nor switching network mode, nor anything else in the settings works) instead of a reboot, which is incredibly annoying if you want to work productively. Plus, rebooting eats out a massive percentage of your battery charge for some reason.

Having FasterN9 NOT installed, the behaviour is just as normal as you would wish it from your device. 2G/3G connection is stable, you can change network to wifi and back, no problem. :-)

I don't really remember when this bug happend to appear for me, but it may just be in time with me trying FasterN9 out. I will definitely miss my speedy N9 without this optimization :-(, but I'd rather have a stable connection than a speedy phone, that's just the way it is...

Just for your information: I am from Germany, using an E-Plus SIM.

This did the trick for me, anyone else made this experience?

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
same here, although 1.1.7 unstable version was more "stable" in this regard than the stable 1.0.1